Constant Contact is a software company that provides a range of intuitive marketing applications designed to help small businesses and nonprofits expand their customer bases and nurture relationships. Solutions include email marketing, event marketing, social campaigns, and reporting. Constant Contact was acquired by our parent company Endurance International in 2016. Within the role you will be serving small businesses and nonprofits worldwide, all while jump starting your career in a fun, fast-paced environment.
We're looking to expand our team of developers located in our Waltham office. We are a fun, collaborative, agile work team solving interesting engineering challenges involving scale and big data. As a part of our team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes, and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
What you’ll do:
- As part of a cross-functional, full stack scrum team, contribute to the development of features that allow our customers to grow and manage their lists of contacts
- Develop high quality, maintainable code with full automation
- Ensure high quality standards are maintained throughout the codebase by being an active participant in code reviews
- Maintain the health of the codebase through appropriate refactoring and improvement of existing functionality
Who you are:
- Working towards a B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- You are a dedicated software craftsperson who cares deeply about best practices and what it takes to write and maintain great code.
- Experience with Backbone, Marionette or equivalent framework
- Experience with Ruby/Rails and/or Java
- Ability and interest to closely collaborate with a wide range of people to understand business needs and requirements
Why you’ll love us:
- It’s all onsite. We have dry cleaning, a barber shop, a full service cafeteria, and even Boston Sports Clubs (at a discounted rate for our fitness fanatics!). Get your errands done before you even hit your desk in the morning.
- Abundant fun. Golf Club, kickball and softball leagues, Mario Kart and bubble hockey tournaments, three wheeler races, and Friday beer cart - there’s a way for everyone to let loose.
- Local pride. We’re wicked proud, which means when any of our teams - Bruins, Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, and Revolution - kick off their season, you can bet there’s going to be a party to cheer them on. Go ahead and wear your jersey to work.
- Dine al fresco. Our gorgeous patios make for rejuvenating lunch and coffee breaks.
- We have a nine foot T Rex, but he’s friendly. On your first day, keep a lookout for our informal mascot - a giant T Rex, who roams the office, squatting with a new team everyone now and then.
- It’s super easy to get here. We offer a subsidized shuttle from the Alewife T stop if you prefer public transportation, and we have plenty of free onsite parking, too.