Today’s enterprises are leveraging data lake architectures to enable new ways to empower analytics, business intelligence, and new product features. At Endurance, we’re using this data lake design to build a Data Platform in the cloud. We’re leveraging the latest AWS services to build a cutting-edge, highly scalable and cost-effective platform.
An immediate opportunity exists for a Principal/Senior level Engineer with a passion for creating outstanding products to help take Endurance, and our best in class brands (Constant Contact, BlueHost, SiteBuilder.com, Domain.com, etc.) to the next level.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key leader and contributor to the design and development of a scalable and cost-effective cloud-based data platform based on a data lake design
- Be collaborative with team members, Product Management, Architects, data producers and data consumers throughout the company
- Build machine-learning pipelines to produce actionable business intelligence and integrate with other systems.
- Develop data platform components in a cloud environment to ingest data and events from cloud and on-premise environments as well as third parties
- Build automated pipelines and data services to validate, catalog, aggregate and transform ingested data
- Build automated data delivery pipelines and services to integrate data from the data lake to internal and external consuming applications and services
- Build and deliver cloud-based deployment and monitoring capabilities consistent with DevOps models
- Keep knowledge and skills current with the latest cloud services, features and best practices
Who you are:
- Extensive experience developing big data, business intelligence, marketing automation and/or other analytics infrastructure or pipelines - data lake experience preferred
- 10 years experience in developing and architecting solutions using big data, data warehousing
- 3 + years hands-on experience developing data lake solutions using Amazon’s AWS (certification preferred)
- Experience with data streaming technologies (Kinesis, Storm, Kafka, Spark Streaming) and real-time analytics
- Knowledge of ETL, Map Reduce and pipeline tools (Glue, EMR, Spark)
- Experience with large or partitioned relational databases (Aurora, MySQL, DB2)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Cassandra)
- Agile development (Scrum) experience
- Other preferred experience includes working with DevOps practices, SaaS, IaaS, code management (CodeCommit, git), deployment tools (CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Jenkins, Shell scripting), and Continuous Delivery
- Primary AWS development skills include S3, IAM, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, APIGateway, Redshift, EMR, Glue, SageMaker, and CloudFormation
Why you’ll love us:
- It’s all onsite. We have dry cleaning, a barbershop, a full-service cafeteria, and even Boston Sports Clubs (at a discounted rate for our fitness fanatics!). Get your errands done before you even hit your desk in the morning.
- Abundant fun. Golf Club, kickball and softball leagues, Mario Kart and bubble hockey tournaments, three-wheeler races, and Friday beer cart - there’s a way for everyone to let loose.
- Local pride. We’re wicked proud, which means when any of our teams - Bruins, Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, and Revolution - kick off their season, you can bet there’s going to be a party to cheer them on. Go ahead and wear your jersey to work.
- Dine al fresco. Our gorgeous patios make for rejuvenating lunch and coffee breaks.
- We have a nine-foot T Rex, but he’s friendly. On your first day, keep a lookout for our informal mascot - a giant T Rex, who roams the office, squatting with a new team every now and then.
- It’s super easy to get here. We offer a subsidized shuttle from the Alewife T stop if you prefer public transportation, and we have plenty of free onsite parking, too.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!