The Data Scientist will be a key member of the Analytics and Data Science team, serving as subject matter expert and energized by tackling big challenges in a complex business environment. You will not only dive deep to find the answers, but craft meaningful and articulate recommendations that can be discussed and acted upon with your peers. This person will contribute to our product strategy by designing and developing analytic initiatives driving user engagement, value creation, and productivity through the use of data.
What you’ll do:
- Establishing, articulating and championing a product vision that addresses critical business needs
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Product Management, Data Management Platform, UX, and Engineering groups to research, define, and execute a data-driven product roadmap
- Partnering with data infrastructure teams and other key internal engineering teams to understand the gaps within existing tools and services, and identify the best path forward
- Conduct analysis of prospects and customers for product design, go-to-market strategies and retention engagement efforts
- Develop data inquiries, and conduct data exploration and data mining to determine program effectiveness and predict future performance
- Develop and implement test designs that serve as champion and challenger for marketing programs
- Develop and analyze optimal testing strategies
- Analyze customer segments to drive growth
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to ensure insights are leading to action and measuring the business impact that Customer Insights is creating
Who you are:
- The ideal candidate has past experience using data science / analytical research in a cloud environment to advance product development or product insights
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience with SQL and Tableau or other BI tools
- Experience developing data visualizations to enable data exploration
- Experience developing scalable and automated data pipelines
- Machine learning experience in Python and/or R
- Experience with one or more cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure or other platforms)
- Practical knowledge applying analytical techniques such as time series regression, decision trees, segmentation, clustering, response modeling and factor analysis to real-world data
- Curious, self-motivated thinker; always asks why and drives until the answer is clear
- Strong communicator with demonstrated experiencing translating analytic findings to business insights and influencing business stakeholders to drive action and improved business performance
- Strong project management and cross-functional collaboration skills required.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent experience
Why you’ll love us:
- It’s all onsite. We have dry cleaning, a barbershop, a full-service cafeteria, and even Boston Sports Clubs (at a discounted rate for our fitness fanatics!). Get your errands done before you even hit your desk in the morning.
- Abundant fun. Golf Club, kickball and softball leagues, Mario Kart and bubble hockey tournaments, three-wheeler races, and Friday beer cart - there’s a way for everyone to let loose.
- Local pride. We’re wicked proud, which means when any of our teams - Bruins, Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, and Revolution - kick off their season, you can bet there’s going to be a party to cheer them on. Go ahead and wear your jersey to work.
- Dine al fresco. Our gorgeous patios make for rejuvenating lunch and coffee breaks.
- We have a nine-foot T Rex, but he’s friendly. On your first day, keep a lookout for our informal mascot - a giant T Rex, who roams the office, squatting with a new team every now and then.
- It’s super easy to get here. We offer a subsidized shuttle from the Alewife T stop if you prefer public transportation, and we have plenty of free onsite parking, too.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!