Our cross functional engineering productivity is growing. We are looking for a passionate Principal software engineer that will make every scrum team better and faster by providing common frameworks, applications, and practices to allow agile teams to move faster, detect failures fast, and to gather metrics to measure success. You will be working in AWS, developing applications and tools with Java, Python, NodeJS and others to improve productivity across all teams.
What you’ll do:
- Champion productivity across the organization by providing applications, common tooling, and practices that allow teams to move faster
- Work with cutting edge technologies in AWS
- Apply deep technical expertise to resolve programming and design challenges
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable and maintainable software
- Work closely with your customers across many teams, the engineers
- Champion CI/CD, TDD, & BDD best practices and strategies
- Stay on top of industry trends and tools
- Develop + maintain internal applications developed with Java, AWS lambda, python, Kotlin, or NodeJS
- Mentor other engineers
Who you are:
- 8+ years of Java programming experience
- Deep understanding of agile, lean, and continuous delivery concepts
- AWS experience
- Cloudformation, lambda, ECS, and code pipeline
- Experience developing test frameworks
- Experience creating tests with Junit, Jasmine, Jest and/or Protractor
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Understanding of microservice patterns
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Passion to relentlessly help agile teams increase productivity and quality
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn new programming languages and approaches
Why you’ll love us:
- It’s all onsite. We have dry cleaning, a barber shop, a full service cafeteria, and even Boston Sports Clubs (at a discounted rate for our fitness fanatics!). Get your errands done before you even hit your desk in the morning.
- Abundant fun. Golf Club, kickball and softball leagues, Mario Kart and bubble hockey tournaments, three wheeler races, and Friday beer cart - there’s a way for everyone to let loose.
- Local pride. We’re wicked proud, which means when any of our teams - Bruins, Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, and Revolution - kick off their season, you can bet there’s going to be a party to cheer them on. Go ahead and wear your jersey to work.
- Dine al fresco. Our gorgeous patios make for rejuvenating lunch and coffee breaks.
- We have a nine foot T Rex, but he’s friendly. On your first day, keep a lookout for our informal mascot - a giant T Rex, who roams the office, squatting with a new team every now and then.
- It’s super easy to get here. We offer a subsidized shuttle from the Alewife T stop if you prefer public transportation, and we have plenty of free onsite parking, too.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!