Constant Contact is expanding our UX Development team working within User Experience group. As a UX Developer you’ll serve as the bridge between our Designers and Front-End Engineers. You’ll advocate for the user and commit code that delights and inspires our customers’ experience. Design systems and bleeding edge front-end methodologies will be your main focus. Additionally, you’ll work alongside engineering members to educate and inform on the power and value of UX.
What you’ll do:
- As a key member of a versatile team, you’ll develop, test, deploy and maintain client-side solutions for large-scale web applications.
- Work directly with other engineering teams to deliver front-end code.
- Assist with implementing front-end code into server-side layouts and templates.
- Identify interface patterns and build reusable UI components.
- Work collaboratively with UX Designers, Product Owners and Engineers.
- Advocate for strong understanding across all functions of how pivotal a role the front end experience is to our users.
Who you are:
- Excellent understanding of core software engineering principles.
- Experience with AJAX-based JSON/XML web services.
- Experience with developing using web application frameworks and libraries such as Angular, Bootstrap, Node, React, and Jquery.
- Experience using CSS preprocessors such as LESS, SASS and/or Compass.
- Comfortable developing with Git, coding standards, and accessibility guidelines.
- Experience with React, Grunt and package managers such as NPM, webpack, and/or Yarn.
- Managing project tasks within JIRA.
- Using Protractor/Selenium Software web testing tools.
- Confidently and quickly able to navigate around and work within an unfamiliar codebase.
- Able to troubleshoot and debug complex websites and applications (e.g. network requests, front-end performance, layout issues, browser bugs).
- Must be comfortable working with product designers. Should have experience converting design comps created in Invision, Photoshop or Sketch into usable components and application views.
- Basic understanding of code optimization principles.
Why you’ll love us:
- It’s all onsite. We have dry cleaning, a barber shop, a full service cafeteria, and even Boston Sports Clubs (at a discounted rate for our fitness fanatics!). Get your errands done before you even hit your desk in the morning.
- Abundant fun. Golf Club, kickball and softball leagues, Mario Kart and bubble hockey tournaments, three wheeler races, and Friday beer cart - there’s a way for everyone to let loose.
- Local pride. We’re wicked proud, which means when any of our teams - Bruins, Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, and Revolution - kick off their season, you can bet there’s going to be a party to cheer them on. Go ahead and wear your jersey to work.
- Dine al fresco. Our gorgeous patios make for rejuvenating lunch and coffee breaks.
- We have a nine foot T Rex, but he’s friendly. On your first day, keep a lookout for our informal mascot - a giant T Rex, who roams the office, squatting with a new team every now and then.
- It’s super easy to get here. We offer a subsidized shuttle from the Alewife T stop if you prefer public transportation, and we have plenty of free onsite parking, too.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!