Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Our customers get real results through email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions, online listings, and more.
As part of the billing platform team, you would be helping build up the next generation customer facing platform using React. This project is mostly new development focused and would give you the opportunities to be a technical leader around React, and to mentor other members of the team around best practices.
What you’ll do:
- As part of a cross-functional, full stack scrum team provide technical leadership for and be a key contributor to the development of new features that allow our customers to engage with their customers
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, architects and senior members of the development team to understand the business needs and find the best technical solution for meeting those needs
- Mentor junior members of the team on best practices, architecture, and development
- Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
- Be a key contributor to the creation of a long-term, scalable architecture
Who you are:
- 6+ years developing large-scale applications on the front-end and the back-end
- Experience with React, Backbone, Marionette, or equivalent framework
- Expert knowledge of Java/Spring
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, DB2 or Oracle)
- Experience with AWS preferred
- Experience with Protractor, RSpec or equivalent integration test framework
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development
- Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
- Proven ability to design future-proof, maintainable, large-scale systems
Why you’ll love us:
- It’s all onsite. We have dry cleaning, a barbershop, a full-service cafeteria, and even Boston Sports Clubs (at a discounted rate for our fitness fanatics!). Get your errands done before you even hit your desk in the morning.
- Abundant fun. Golf Club, kickball and softball leagues, Mario Kart and bubble hockey tournaments, three-wheeler races, and Friday beer cart - there’s a way for everyone to let loose.
- Local pride. We’re wicked proud, which means when any of our teams - Bruins, Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, and Revolution - kick off their season, you can bet there’s going to be a party to cheer them on. Go ahead and wear your jersey to work.
- Dine al fresco. Our gorgeous patios make for rejuvenating lunch and coffee breaks.
- We have a nine-foot T Rex, but he’s friendly. On your first day, keep a lookout for our informal mascot - a giant T Rex, who roams the office, squatting with a new team every now and then.
- It’s super easy to get here. We offer a subsidized shuttle from the Alewife T stop if you prefer public transportation, and we have plenty of free onsite parking, too.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!