When we launched in 2010 SinglePlatform was named one of “America’s Most Promising Startups” by Businessweek. Close to a decade later, and after being acquired by Endurance International Group in 2016, we’re thriving and looking to grow our dynamic NYC team. Our goal at SinglePlatform is to help small businesses get discovered everywhere that matters online. Our suite of products and dedicated services are trusted by over 40,000 locations across the US and Canada. Here at SP, we live by our work hard, play hard mentality. Learn more about opportunities below and become part of our team!
As Director of Product Management, you will have primarily responsibility for SinglePlatform’s product strategy, from development to execution. You will work out of SinglePlatform’s offices in New York City, reporting to SinglePlatform’s SVP and General Manager and managing the product management team. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you’ll work closely with the leaders of the other business functions: engineering, sales, customer success, finance, and human resources.
What you’ll do:
- Define and manage SinglePlatform’s product strategy to drive revenue and profitability
- Establish, monitor, and drive improvement in key product performance metrics
- Manage and mentor product managers
- Establish and execute customer and market research programs
- In collaboration with the Director of Engineering, maximize the business return on SinglePlatform’s investment in engineering staff
- Manage and execute strategic product planning
- Manage and execute tactical product prioritization
- Align both SinglePlatform’s senior leadership team and the members of the product and engineering teams around product strategy and plans
Who you are:
- At least 5 years experience managing and developing software product managers
- At least an additional 5 years experience as an individual contributor software product manager
- Demonstrated success in defining and driving key business metrics through software development
- Expertise in driving revenue and profit in SaaS software businesses
- Familiarity with the purchasing mindset of owner-operators
- Deep understanding of the ins and out of various software development processes, in particular Agile methodologies
- Expertise in building alignment around strategic and mission-critical decisions among senior leaders
- Strong team- and people-management skills
- Effective approach to hiring
- Well-developed thinking on prioritizing efforts and creatively shaping project scope to maximize business value
- Orientation towards and experience in conducting direct customer and market research
- Experience in and valuing of creative approaches to extracting actionable insight from messy data
- Deft judgment in finding the right process weight to fit a given situation at hand
Why you’ll love us:
- You have the opportunity to work with great people in an innovative environment while problem-solving for our customers.
- We have a fun, high-energy and challenging work environment.
- We share ideas and experience contagiously. We are excited to learn