Endurance, the leading provider of online solutions to small and medium-sized businesses, is seeking a highly analytical and organized individual to join our team. The Senior Internal Auditor will be a key member of the Internal Audit function and will oversee SOX 404 assessment initially, expanding into internal audits aligned with enterprise risk thereafter. In this role, you will regularly partner with accounting/finance leadership and staff as well as with IT, security, risk management, human resources and legal and compliance functions. This position will be based in our corporate headquarters in Burlington, MA.
The company has achieved significant scale over the past fifteen years, yet still possesses tremendous growth potential. This is an opportunity for a capable, motivated, and results-oriented team player to have a significant impact in building a new Internal Audit function from the ground up.
• Perform planning, fieldwork and reporting phases of SOX 404 internal control assessments (including risk assessment, resource allocation, work paper review, and quality improvement)
• Perform planning, fieldwork and reporting phases of internal audit projects (including risk assessment, resource allocation, work paper review, and quality improvement)
• Engage across multiple levels of the organization to facilitate SOX 404 assessments and internal audits, and to discuss business issues and audit recommendations
• Coordinate work with external auditors
• Provide exceptional service and support to both internal and external customers
• Mentor others involved in the SOX 404 compliance process
• A minimum of 4 years Internal Audit and SOX 404 experience required; Big 4 audit firm experience preferred
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other business field is a required
• CPA, CIA and/or CISA preferred
• Highly proficient with technology including proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and flow charting/process mapping applications
• Superior knowledge of SOX 404, COSO 2013, the IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework, external audit methodologies, PCI, COBIT, information security and privacy, project management methodologies, agile/DevOps environments, SSAE 16 reports, and/or ERM.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual, with strong analytical and problem-solving ability, driven to continuously strive for excellence
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to collaborate in both team and matrixed environments
• Demonstrates unquestionable integrity and professionalism
• Must have good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work amongst multiple teams and stakeholders. Must be flexible and able to multi-task
• Excellent relationship building and customer service skills
• Effective organizational and project management skills
• Ability to understand and assess complex business processes, IT systems and accounting issues