The HostGator Product Design team is passionate about creating digital solutions for small business owners so they can not only survive, but thrive. We’re looking for a UX Designer to join our growing team. Design is at the center of everything we do. Our customers trust us to help them get online in a simple and affordable way so, our product needs to be simple and intuitive. As part of our next chapter we are looking for some amazing talent to bolster our in-house abilities and improve the customer’s on-site experience.
The Work You'll Do:
- Collaborate with peers, stakeholders, product managers, and developers to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch as well as additional on-going iterations
- Work closely with UX leadership to develop design systems
- Advocate for and implement the adoption of a unified pattern library
- Translate complex product requirement into easy and intuitive user flows
Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, wireframing, and mocking up user experiences
- Design flows and user interfaces that are simple, effective, and delightful
- Create storyboards, user flows, conceptual wireframes, interaction diagrams, interaction specifications, and functional prototypes
- Act as the user's advocate throughout the entire development process by subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering iterative suggestions from a user-centered perspective
- Take a data-driven approach to influence your visual and interaction design decisions
- Communicate your ideas, designs, and UX best practices to successfully convince, motivate, and inspire stakeholders
- Provide and encourage feedback from your team and other designers, seeking to continuously learn and improve
- Work primarily on the HostGator brand, sitting with your product and engineering team in our Houston, TX office
- Relentless champion of the user’s cause throughout the entire design and development process.
- Possess a portfolio of work that highlights your designs and design process, including work for phone, tablet and web platforms, as well as SaaS products
- Have a command of interaction design core principles: architecture, interaction and user-centered design.
- Communicate your design process clearly and appropriately for the specific audience
- Desire to collaborate and communicate, with experience working in a multidisciplinary UX group. Experience working with remote teams is a plus
- Able to manage multiple high-priority initiatives, including early stage product strategy as well as delivery of tactical and incremental design improvements
- Ability to articulate the metrics you would use to determine if your design decisions solved the user problem
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects at once. As an open-source company, you’ll need to react quickly to new ideas in the ecosystem
- Ability to accept input gracefully while also taking the initiative to push back respectfully when advocating for optimal user experience
- 3+ years of experiences in the User Experience design field and a relevant educational background
- Expert proficiency with current tools for web and product design such as Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- General understanding of HTML and CSS
- SaaS, Domains and Hosting experience a plus
- Dual track experience also a plus