Constant Contact is expanding our UX Development team working within User Experience group. As a UX Dev you’ll serve as the bridge between our Designers and Front-End Engineers. You’ll advocate for the user and commit code that delights and inspires our customers’ experience. Design systems and bleeding edge front-end methodologies will be your main focus. Additionally, you’ll work alongside engineering members to educate and inform on the power and value of UX.
We are a fun, collaborative, agile work team solving interesting engineering challenges involving massive scale and big data. Our organization puts an emphasis on learning and career growth with a commitment to a work/life balance and sustainable development. We work with state of the art technologies, methodologies, and processes to design, develop, deploy and monitor our apps.
You are open to change and eager to work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone. You enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment. You express your opinions, and have the facts to back them up, but are willing to compromise when necessary. You like to have fun while you’re working, but understand when it’s time to get serious. You are a dedicated software craftsperson who cares deeply about best practices and what it takes to write and maintain great code.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Understands the importance of providing a first-rate user experience and that the most
beautiful solutions are often the most simple.
- Is proficient in web development best practices, usability techniques, and the technical
capabilities and limitations of the web.
- Values clean, concise, and reusable code.
- Is driven to work hard and just as importantly, have fun.
- Has strong debugging abilities across all major browsers.
- Is a team player and knows how to roll with it
- As a key member of a versatile team, you’ll develop, test, deploy and maintain client-side solutions for large-scale web applications.
- Work directly with other engineering teams to deliver front-end code.
- Assist with implementing front-end code into server-side layouts and templates.
- Identify interface patterns and implement reusable UI components.
- Work collaboratively with UX Designers, Product Owners and Engineers.
- Advocate for strong understanding across all functions of how pivotal a role the front end experience is to our users.
- Expectations for skills will vary by experience level.
- Excellent understanding of core software engineering principles.
- Experience with AJAX-based JSON/XML web services.
- Experience with developing using web application frameworks and libraries such as Angular, Bootstrap, Node, React, and Jquery
- Experience using CSS preprocessors such as LESS, SASS and/or Compass.
- Comfortable developing with Git, coding standards, and accessibility guidelines.
- Confidently and quickly able to navigate around and work within an unfamiliar codebase.
- Able to troubleshoot and debug complex websites and applications (e.g. network requests, front-end performance, layout issues, browser bugs).
- Must be comfortable working with product designers. Should have experience converting design comps created in
- Invision, Photoshop or Sketch into usable components and application views.
- Basic understanding of code optimization principles
Highly desirable skills to help specifically with the role.
- Experience with Node.js, Grunt and package managers such as NPM, webpack, and/or Yarn.
- Managing project tasks within JIRA
- Using Protractor/Selenium Software web testing tools