Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Our customers get real results through email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions, online listings, and more.
We're looking to expand our team of engineers located in our Waltham office.
As a part of our agile team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes, and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
We contribute to exceeding the company’s goal of providing a world-class web experience with best in class conversion rates. We use an Agile development process that enables us to work together to continually deliver value to our stakeholders. While we consider ourselves to be true engineers we collaborate closely with our marketing peers. This collaboration enables us to have a view of the business side of the organization that few developers have.
- Have experience working in an open and collaborative team of software and quality engineers
- Are a dedicated software quality craftsperson who cares deeply about best practices and what it takes to write and maintain great code
- Are flexible and able to handle changing priorities
- Are eager to work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone
- Are comfortable expressing your opinions, and have the facts to back them up, but are willing to compromise when necessary
- Like to work in a fun environment with a team that’s driven to succeed
- Lead the testing strategy, implementation, and execution plan for the data platform team
- Create comprehensive test plans and execute tests cases (manual and automated) for data pipelines across multiple data sources
- Check for data validity, data accuracy and data Integrity in the data lake
- Drive a quality mindset across our data platform teams
- Ensure proper test automation coverage for all new functionality
- Proactively identify areas of automation tech debt and work with the teams to address
- Promote the collaborative creation of test cases by involving developers in the process
- Pay attention to industry trends and latest technologies and best practices
- 5+ year in test automation and/or development in a full-time role
- Working experience with Spark with Python in a big data environment
- Working experience with relational databases (MySQL) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra DB)
- Working experience with AWS services (Aurora DB, Dynamo DB, Athena, EMR, Redshift, Data Catalog etc)
- Working experience with Jenkins in a CI/CD environment
- Working experience with source control management services like Github
- Nice to have
- Experience with log analysis tools like Splunk
- Experience with Issue trackers tools like Jira etc
- Ability to promote a quality mindset across a team
- Ability to lead as part of a highly collaborative Agile team
- Focus on team effectiveness, results, and customer success
- Self-motivated individual who helps team resolve bottlenecks
- Passionate about technology and staying up to date on industry trends
- Ability to collaborate with other teams