Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships.
We're looking to expand our team of developers. As a part of our agile team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale. All positions are in our Waltham office.
We are a fun, collaborative, agile work team solving interesting engineering challenges involving massive scale and big data. Our organization puts an emphasis on learning and career growth with a commitment to a work/life balance and sustainable development. We work with state of the art technologies, methodologies, and processes to design, develop, deploy and monitor our apps.
You are open to change and eager to work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone. You enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment. You express your opinions, and have the facts to back them up, but are willing to compromise when necessary. You like to have fun while you’re working, but understand when it’s time to get serious. You are a dedicated software craftsperson who cares deeply about best practices and what it takes to write and maintain and great code.
- As a contributor on a cross-functional scrum team you will develop new features that allow our customers to engage with their customers
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX and architects to understand the business needs and find the best technical solution for meeting those needs
- Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
We are looking for 7+ years in the following areas
- Designing and developing large scale applications on both the front-end and the back-end
- Backbone, Marionette, Angular or equivalent framework
- Knowledge of Java/Spring and/or Ruby/Rails
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, DB2)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Redis, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Protractor, RSpec or equivalent integration test framework
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development
- Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
- Proven ability to design future-proof, maintainable, large scale systems
- Ability to articulate engineering design strategies related to scalability, performance, security, usability, and development platforms
- Strong collaboration and influence skills
- Strong focus on team effectiveness, results and customer success
- Self-motivated individual who proactively identifies team bottlenecks and works with the team to resolve them
- Passionate about technology and staying up to date on industry trends
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement for self and team