Reports To: Director, Biomedical Data Science
Location: Based in the US, remote
- Develop modern deep learning methods to analyze biomedical images
- Develop image analysis pipelines to extract morphological features from microscopy images (e.g., fluorescence, bright-field etc.)
- Develop computational tools and methods to store, process, analyze, visualize and integrate in-house and publicly available RNA-seq, NGS, proteomics and other omics data types to address key questions on biological processes, drug discovery and disease mechanisms
- Develop machine learning pipelines to extract information from heterogeneous data types
- Integrate data from multiple sources and perform complex statistical data analyses including multivariate statistical analysis
- Use data mining, machine learning and A.I. methods to reveal complex relationships and patterns in heterogeneous data types
- Develop software tools, web applications and automated scripts that will enable Emulate’s scientists and customers to efficiently analyze and visualize their data
- Test and validate reliable and efficient ways to perform common image processing tasks including both established (free) software or custom-build code, depending on the specific needs of the project
- Master’s/Ph.D. degree (preferred) in machine learning, computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, applied mathematics or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in industry or academia
- Solid mathematical background and significant depth of expertise in statistics, machine learning/AI, Deep Learning, Bayesian analysis, feature extraction and image analysis required
- Experience with data extraction, cleansing and integration from biomedical databases
- Expert-level knowledge of programming languages (R, Python)
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS)
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux scripting languages (BASH and/or CSH)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex computational methods and analysis results to colleagues from various disciplines
- Willingness and ability to explore new areas
Emulate is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take unbiased action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or ability status. Our methods for hiring include ensuring that all available opportunities are fairly promoted — via online globally available channels — in a manner accessible to all potential applicants.
About Emulate, Inc.
Emulate is igniting a new era in human health with industry-leading Organ-on-a-Chip technology. The Human Emulation System provides a window into the inner workings of human biology and disease — offering researchers an innovative technology designed to predict human response with greater precision and detail than conventional cell culture or animal-based experimental testing. Pioneered at the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University and backed by Northpond Ventures, Founders Fund, and Perceptive Advisors, Organ-on-a-Chip technology is already assisting researchers across academia, pharma, and government industries through its predictive power and ability to recreate true-to-life human biology. To learn more, visit emulatebio.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.