IMPORTANT NOTE: To be considered, you must reside in Shanghai and have legal authorization to travel freely throughout the APAC region.
What if you could work at a company that is developing cutting edge technology poised to change the future of medicine? At Emulate, we work at the intersection of biology, engineering, and design to develop technologies that emulate human biology. Our products are enabling a new era of the development of applications for personalized health and safety. Our people are some of the most brilliant and passionate scientists, engineers, and professionals around – who are also amazing to work with! Join a company where you are making a huge impact as an individual – and you are part of an organization recognized by National Geographic as ‘The Future of Medicine’!
- Evaluate regional needs to drive operational goals, develop annual strategic plan and provide justification for AOP needs
- Manage existing distribution network, evaluate need for new distributors, interview and determine proper partners, negotiate contract (with input from GC) and onboard new distributors
- Hire, onboard and build out regional structure to support achievement of regional goals while at the same time working independently to achieve revenue targets
- Set the strategic direction and tactics required to exceed sales quotas
- Manage the sales pipeline to ensure forecast accuracy while maximizing revenue through utilization of Salesforce.com
- Implement and manage a consistent cross departmental account/territory planning process including goal setting and objectives
- Drive account strategies and coordinate team-selling efforts to close business on a quarterly and annual basis
- Utilize network and contacts to build and maintain a robust pool of opportunities
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, develop and manage regional personnel
- Monitor the team and distributor performance to ensure set goals and targets are met and exceeded
- Evangelize success throughout the organization to motivate cross functional teams
- Bring in voice of customer through consistent communication and participation in strategic planning process
- Evaluate growth opportunities and needs for regional offices, demo centers or other commercial entities to drive growth
- Advanced degree in cell or molecular biology, bioengineering or similar field of study, MBA a plus
- 12+ years’ relevant experience with 8+ years’ commercial, 5+ years commercial leadership interfacing with the pharmaceuticals, life sciences, academic and government markets
- A proven track record of exceeding revenue targets through distribution and direct selling of an Instrument Platform in the Life Sciences Space
- Deep scientific knowledge and commercial acumen
- Strategic thinker with ability to develop a long-term regional strategy while balancing near-term revenue priorities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, bilingual English & Chinese, additional languages a plus
Emulate is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take unbiased action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or ability status. Our methods for hiring include ensuring that all available opportunities are fairly promoted — via online globally available channels — in a manner accessible to all potential applicants.
About Emulate, Inc.
Emulate is igniting a new era in human health with industry-leading Organ-on-a-Chip technology. The Human Emulation System provides a window into the inner workings of human biology and disease — offering researchers an innovative technology designed to predict human response with greater precision and detail than conventional cell culture or animal-based experimental testing. Pioneered at the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University and backed by Northpond Ventures, Founders Fund, and Perceptive Advisors, Organ-on-a-Chip technology is already assisting researchers across academia, pharma, and government industries through its predictive power and ability to recreate true-to-life human biology. To learn more, visit emulatebio.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.