IMPORTANT NOTE: To be considered, you must reside in Shanghai and have legal authorization to travel freely throughout the APAC region.
What if you could work at a company that is developing cutting edge technology poised to change the future of medicine? At Emulate, we work at the intersection of biology, engineering, and design to develop technologies that emulate human biology. Our products are enabling a new era of the development of applications for personalized health and safety. Our people are some of the most brilliant and passionate scientists, engineers, and professionals around – who are also amazing to work with! Join a company where you are making a huge impact as an individual – and you are part of an organization recognized by National Geographic as ‘The Future of Medicine’!
- Support of customers before, during, and after the installation of our Human Emulation System to enable a seamless adoption of our technology
- Training and support of regional distributors to ensure end-user success
- Provide scientific and technical consulting to support optimal system setup and configuration of scientific workflows and recommend best practices
- Work closely with the Commercial team to engage with both existing and new customers, including identifying and qualifying customer requirements
- Serve as the primary source of scientific support for your customers including, but not limited to, experimental design, new user training, and troubleshooting
- Communicate voice of customer to internal teams for new product applications and process improvements
- Deliver scientific presentations and pre-sales scientific support to current and future customers
- Provide input for training programs, protocol development, and field application processes
- PhD in cellular biology, pharmaceutical sciences, biomedical engineering, or similar field
- Significant demonstrable experience with mammalian cell culture required
- 2-5 years’ experience in a customer-facing support role within the life science industry setting
- Excellent communication, presentation, and customer service skills in both English and Chinese
- Prior experience with microfluidic platforms and/or organ-chip technology, and experience with system troubleshooting and technology implementation strongly preferred
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Strong initiative, attention to detail, and dedication to high quality work
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively (up to 70%) through out the Asia Pacific region and occasionally to the US
Emulate is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take unbiased action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or ability status. Our methods for hiring include ensuring that all available opportunities are fairly promoted — via online globally available channels — in a manner accessible to all potential applicants.
About Emulate, Inc.
Emulate is igniting a new era in human health with industry-leading Organ-on-a-Chip technology. The Human Emulation System provides a window into the inner workings of human biology and disease — offering researchers an innovative technology designed to predict human response with greater precision and detail than conventional cell culture or animal-based experimental testing. Pioneered at the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University and backed by Northpond Ventures, Founders Fund, and Perceptive Advisors, Organ-on-a-Chip technology is already assisting researchers across academia, pharma, and government industries through its predictive power and ability to recreate true-to-life human biology. To learn more, visit emulatebio.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.