Reports To: Vice President of Sales and Customer Success
Role Description: The Business Development Executive will represent Emulate and engage with a range of users of our Organs-on-Chips technology, including large and small pharmaceutical companies, biotechs and key academic centers. Responsible for driving sales revenue within their target accounts, this person will cultivate relationships at the functional decision-making and scientific levels of the organizations they work with and develop plans for researchers to use our products and services.
- Maintain knowledge of business models of potential and existing accounts to conclude how Emulate’s products and services can provide added value
- Manage the overall relationship and communication with business accounts and applicable users
- Consistently build and close a robust pipeline of orders to generate revenue
- Effectively identify and qualify prospective business within specified target areas
- Broaden relationship reach horizontally within accounts
- Monitor and ensure visibility for order conversion to revenue
- Work closely with other functions within the organization such as Research and Development and Marketing
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5-7 years of sales experience
- Proven sales experience in Life Sciences
- Bachelor’s; Advanced degree preferred
- Ability to manage matrix customer environments and across a wide range of seniority levels
- Proven sales success in the BioPharma & Academic segments
- Strong technical knowledge of small and large molecule drug development process
- Strong knowledge of primary cell and stem cell biology
- Strong grasp on therapeutic areas that focus on neuronal diseases, cancer biology, and inflammation
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take unbiased action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Our methods for hiring include ensuring that all available opportunities are fairly promoted — via online globally available channels — in a manner accessible to all potential applicants.
About Emulate, Inc.
Emulate is igniting a new era in human health with industry-leading Organ-on-a-Chip technology. The Human Emulation System provides a window into the inner workings of human biology and disease — offering researchers an innovative technology designed to predict human response with greater precision and detail than conventional cell culture or animal-based experimental testing. Pioneered at the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University and backed by Northpond Ventures, Founders Fund, and Perceptive Advisors, Organ-on-a-Chip technology is already assisting researchers across academia, pharma, and government industries through its predictive power and ability to recreate true-to-life human biology. To learn more, visit emulatebio.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.