- Install, upgrade, troubleshoot, and service the Human Emulation System (life sciences research tool) at customer sites across North America and internationally as needed
- Work in cross functional teams to continuously improve the customer experience
- Collaborate with the Field Service and Engineering teams to improve our existing products and processes
- Represent Emulate in a professional manner through all customer interactions
- Provide remote support via telephone, email, and chat
- Provide training and demonstrations of Human Emulation System hardware
- Refurbish critical instrument components and execute the applicable testing to ensure they meet our performance requirements
- Document all work per our Standard Operating Procedures
- Help create a world-class field service department by providing input for service infrastructure, writing SOPs, and taking on responsibilities beyond those of the traditional Field Engineer
- Travel to Domestic and international travel (as needed, once permitted)
- 5-10 years of field engineering, field service, or customer support experience with a highly technical product, or similar experience in a technical service role
- A personable and professional communicator with a passion for quality and customer service
- Experience working with systems that involve pneumatics, fluidics, mechanics, or electronics
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 70%, consisting of both domestic and international travel
- Ability to operate within and adapt to fast-paced, highly variable work environments
- Experience interacting directly with users across many industries including academia, pharmaceutical, and government
- Valid Passport and the ability to travel as needed
Emulate is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take unbiased action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or ability status. Our methods for hiring include ensuring that all available opportunities are fairly promoted — via online globally available channels — in a manner accessible to all potential applicants.
About Emulate, Inc.
Emulate is igniting a new era in human health with industry-leading Organ-on-a-Chip technology. The Human Emulation System provides a window into the inner workings of human biology and disease — offering researchers an innovative technology designed to predict human response with greater precision and detail than conventional cell culture or animal-based experimental testing. Pioneered at the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University and backed by Northpond Ventures, Founders Fund, and Perceptive Advisors, Organ-on-a-Chip technology is already assisting researchers across academia, pharma, and government industries through its predictive power and ability to recreate true-to-life human biology. To learn more, visit emulatebio.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.