REPORTS TO EVP OF ENGINEERING
WHO WE ARE
Emerge is empowering people to build more meaningful bonds across distance and time by bringing touch and emotion to extended reality experiences.
We are creating a new standard for shared digital experiences that enable real connections to who and what matters to you. Our first step towards this vision is touch, with a product that allows users to feel, interact, and share XR content with their bare hands.
Founded in 2015 and originally sponsored by Google and NASA in Silicon Valley, Emerge is backed by M13 (Ring, Snap, Lyft), Vulcan Capital (late Paul Allen’s fund, Microsoft co-founder), and other value added investors.
We are proud of our impact-focused and diverse team. We are former entrepreneurs and leaders in tech that have brought several products to market in the field of consumer electronics and XR, and are passionate about mental and social wellness. We have a broad network that includes the World Economic Forum, and MIT Innovator Under 35 and Forbes 30 Under 30 communities. We are also fortunate to work with an inspiring group of advisors including Anousheh Ansari (world’s first female private astronaut and CEO at XPRIZE), James Costos (former US Ambassador) and Brenda Freeman (former CMO at Magic Leap and National Geographic).
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Lead to ensure the delivery of a high-quality software and platform for our Emerge consumer products. You will be responsible for building and executing test strategy and plans for our Product activities encompassing both Hardware and Software, and will manage an offshore team. You will ensure the release of the Emerge product will delight our customers.
You will work closely with a broad cross functional team and will lead the product testing of an innovative and unique platform that will allow for the next level of presence within immersive computing. You must be passionate about disruptive technologies, understand consumer behavior - ideally with exposure to AR/VR -, and willing to be part of the next breakthrough in human communication.
- Build a test-driven engineering and development culture that drives improvements in quality
- Implement process changes to scale testing efforts across multiple products
- Test functionality of games and apps built for the Emerge platform with a focus on the Oculus headset
- Plan, develop and execute test coverage for the entire product
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover reoccurrences
- Work with engineers and project leads to triage and prioritize issues for resolution
- Own the process of creating metrics to measure and monitor product performance
- Partner with the Application, Acoustics and Hardware teams to leverage automation to allow better reliability and scalability
WHO YOU ARE
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience; 7+ years of Product testing experience with 3+ years in a Lead role
- Experience testing and debugging applications on Platform (Hardware), Cloud and Mobile components
- Experienced with AR/VR headsets and the lifecycle testing of applications for these environments. Prior experience with launching products, specifically software applications for the Oculus store is extremely helpful
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining commercial software
- Experience coding in Python, PHP, Java, C/C++ or equivalent language
- Experience in managing black box and white box testing
- Knowledge of development workflow tools such as JIRA, TestRail or equivalent tracking and reporting tools
- Able to work in Los Angeles, CA
If you don't meet all these requirements, but you think you'd thrive at this role, please let us know!
Stock options and competitive salary based on experience | Health, vision, and dental insurance | Life insurance | Health Savings Account | 401(k) plan | Open PTO policy | Career development and training
**Emerge is an equal opportunity employer. Emerge recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe, in order to succeed as a company, Emerge must be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to do their best work. In hiring, we seek out new and unique voices, and uphold a workplace environment of inclusivity. Diversity is more than a commitment at Emerge - it is the foundation of what we do.