Who we are at Embroker
Embroker is the radically simple destination for industry-tailored commercial insurance. Our mission is to make it radically easier for businesses to get the right coverage at the best price. With a technology-first, customer-centric approach, Embroker is changing how businesses protect themselves, their staff, and their customers. In 2015, Embroker has raised over $150M in funding from leading fintech investors.
***This role will sit remotely in Ottawa, Canada.
What you will own in this role:
- Collaborate with your team to deliver independent microservices by decoupling capabilities associated with particular domains within the platform (pricing, payments, risk management)
- Proactively find and address areas of concern and identify potential roadblocks
- Assist in clarifying stakeholder requirements; communicate questions and address concerns; provide relevant and detailed updates and feedback in a timely manner
- Design appropriate technical solutions based on requirements provided while taking into account timelines and future re-use ability
The experience we believe is the right fit:
- 3+ years of experience in web application development
- 2+ years experience in cloud-based microservices development
- Experience programming with Go
- Experience building solutions with at least one cloud platform (AWS preferred)
- Skilled in designing/building RESTful APIs
- Ability to write clean, well-designed, and high-quality code in a highly collaborative Agile development environment
- A mindset of constantly learning new things
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work, and challenging problems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
We work in small, cross-functional teams of 3-6 people and use Slack to stay connected.
You can see more about our tech stack on: https://stackshare.io/embroker/embroker
What experience is nice to have:
- Event-driven and RESTful microservice architectures
- TDD and DDD
- Modern CI/CD Tools (Github Actions, Gitlab)
- APM tools (Datadog, Appdyanmics, New Relic)
- Modern Testing Frameworks (Browserstack)
- PostgreSQL or other RMDS system
- Infrastructure As Code (Ansible/Terraform/Packer or equivalent)
- Containerization and Orchestration (Docker / Kubernetes)
- React and Typescript
The Embroker Pack lives by three core values that have taken us from an idea to a growing, well-funded player in the Insurtech space.
We succeed and fail as one team. We optimize for what is best for our entire organization. We always assume positive intent.
We are 100% committed. We move fast and are proud of what we build. We attack challenges with relentless positivity.
We strive to amaze and delight at every touchpoint. We make our work fun through teamwork, play, and positive energy.
We believe that systemic structures and practices disproportionately disadvantage the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be represented and included in the work we do to make our Pack stronger and more creative, and improve the way we do business. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other marginalized communities.