With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
The user experience (UX) researcher creates understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for the entire product team including designers, product managers, and engineers. The user experience position at ChargePoint is critical because we base our product decisions on what is best for the end user and create experiences that define our industry. As electric vehicle charging pioneer and industry leader, we constantly strive to understand how our user needs and expectations are emerging and evolving. The UX researcher will provide insight into these new behaviors and shape our product definitions by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on research findings. User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people rely on. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches most electric vehicle drivers while exemplifying a key principle that is core to ChargePoint's philosophy: "Focus on the user and all else will follow."
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of product and service experiences with consumer and enterprise users
- Collect and analyze user behavior through usability studies, structured interviews, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing)
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and others to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Define actionable insights for both short term and long-term product development
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports, in-person presentations and workshops
- Engage insight disciplines (Customer Support, Marketing, Analytics) across the company to maintain and share a holistic view of the customer
- Contribute to our research processes, tools and methods
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, Journalism, or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience translating user research into product designs and practices
- A portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g., study plans, reports, personas)
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Able to effectively collaborate with key stakeholders from business, marketing and engineering teams
- Able to strike a balance between tactical problem-solving goals and strategic, long-term solutions
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of evaluative, generative, quantitative and secondary research methods, and expertise in at least one research methodology
- Experience with all aspects of design research planning, execution, and advocacy
- Experience delivering projects in a variety of industries, services, or form factors: Consumer, B2B/Enterprise/SaaS, hardware, mobile and/or desktop applications
- Experience and/or interest in the energy, service, construction, or transportation industries
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field
- Knowledge of the electric vehicle charging infrastructure industry
- Direct experience conducting research for B2B/enterprise products and/or connected hardware
- Experience mixing methods and improvising new methods for nuanced problem spaces
- Experience working across global markets and distributed teams
- Ability to communicate effectively to product leadership
- Practical experience with UX analytics, quantitative research methods and statistics
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.