We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Your work-life opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced accountant, to undertake all accounting activity for different companies and partner with the business to ensure that the requirements are being met whilst at the same time ensuring that Glovo meets all its internal and external reporting and control requirements.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Complete General Accounting activity for companies in Ivory Coast and posting of accruals as required as a part of the monthly financial reporting process
- Complete the balance sheet reconciliation activities per service level agreement
- Review income statement and balance sheet discrepancies and escalate to management if necessary
- Complete assigned accounting activities to support the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes
- Assist, as needed, with internal and external audits
- Support the timely reporting of key financial information; monitor the performance and quality of the activities performed based on agreed Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”) and Service Level Agreements (“SLAs”)
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and local GAAP accounting rules, where applicable
- Operate within a robust and internal control environment
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
- A solid academic background, preferably with a university higher degree in Business Administration or related field: Finance, Business, Economics or other Accounting
- 2-3 years of proven working experience in Audit or as an Accounting controller
- Experience working with Local GAAP (OHADA), a must
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Team player and good vibes
- Local language is an advantage
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
Enticing equity plan (if applicable)
Top-notch private health insurance
Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
External learning budget
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance