Title: Senior Conversation UX Designer
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: North America Bixby Labs
Location: Mountain View, CA
Overview: Samsung Research America (SRA) plays a pivotal role in developing the next generation of discovery in software, user experience and services for future products that can enrich your life.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated conversation designer who can help us define the next generation voice assistant experience. In this role, you will define and lead the development of series of conversational experiences for Bixby’s next-gen AI platform across the full ecosystem of Samsung devices, working closely with a talented team of PMs, and engineers. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about consumer-facing user experiences and has a deep curiosity about emerging technology, human behavior, data, and design.
As a conversation designer, you will be involved in very promising team projects with talented people at Samsung. You will benefit a lot by working in a fun and creative environment. Bixby is a key part of Samsung’s user experience that has a direct impact across Samsung’s entire device ecosystem reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
- Lead ideation and creation of user conversational experiences. You will be working across multiple industry domain areas and device types simultaneously
- Define the interaction models and build patterns for conversational platform across existing and new devices
- Build vision presentations and then be able to turn that into a plan to become a reality.
- Involve engineers, PMs, and others to create a shared vision and clear goals for the product experiences
- Drive and integrate insights from usability studies and other research to improve user experience and refine the product roadmap
- Create trusting relationships with at all levels within the company by promoting a culture of collaboration and open communication
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in design
- Exceptional writing skills to create
- System thinker who is passionate about people and technology
- 7+ years experience in UX design OR comparable industry design experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Loves to get into the details and understand the technology you are working on at a deeper level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Understands how to deliver a message at all levels of an organization
- Prior experience with voice assistants is a plus
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to build strong relationships with engineers, PMs and executives
- Ability to work as a team, motivation for international collaboration, strong communication skills, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and passionate about learning
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment and self-motivated
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.