About this Opportunity:
Design Within Reach is looking for Warehouse Associates to join our team!. To uphold our high shipping standards, you'll work in a fast-paced environment as you receive, pack and ship DWR merchandise.
What you’ll do:
You’ll have opportunities to improve processes, foster teamwork and build relationships every day as you:
· Unload or pack freight.
· Prepare receipts to help separate freight by SKU #.
· Stack and palletize product to utilize storage.
· Label each carton with barcode labels in a uniform manner.
· Count and verify quantities to a Packing list.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following experience, skills and abilities:
· The ability to thrive in a very fast-paced environment.
· The ability to fulfill the responsibilities of a physically demanding position – constant lifting.
· The ability to consistently lift up to 50 - 75lbs.
· The ability to team-lift up to 250 lbs occasionally
· Strong communication skills.
· Flexible availability for overtime and weekend work.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It’s the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Design Within Reach means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We are redefining modern for the 21st century and our success allows us to support causes that align with our values, so we can build a more sustainable, equitable, and beautiful future for everyone.
As a Warehouse Associate, you'll be eligible for DWR's comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, green transit subsidy and more.
Design Within Reach provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
MillerKnoll, DWR’s parent company, is a federal contractor and is subject to the requirements of Executive Order 14042. As such, we are requiring all of our U.S.-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022.