At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is hiring a Senior Counsel, Healthcare Compliance to join its Healthcare Compliance team in Lyft’s Legal Department. You must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work proactively as a trusted advisor and partner to various teams across the organization including Lyft’s healthcare business, marketing, sales, account management, product, IT, and legal. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic compliance team and work on interesting matters to support Lyft’s rapidly expanding healthcare business. This position will report to the Director, Healthcare Compliance.
Please Note: When Lyft asks its workforce to return to the office (anticipated in 2022), this position will be located in either Lyft’s San Francisco Headquarters office or in Lyft’s New York City office. Applicants should be prepared to report to one of these locations as part of the job’s requirements.
- Works cooperatively with healthcare compliance team members by delivering value to healthcare business partners for achieving corporate and strategic objectives.
- Ability to independently lead healthcare compliance projects to completion while working with a variety of cross-functional teams.
- Interprets and analyzes laws and regulations from state Medicaid agencies, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), HHS Office for Civil Rights (HIPAA), and Medicare Advantage Plans governing Lyft’s operations. Provides strategic advice and guidance on implementing those laws and regs, working closely with the healthcare business, product, marketing, sales and operations teams.
- Advisor to the commercial legal team on matters involving the Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, and other federal healthcare regulations.
- Works closely with regulators in various jurisdictions to negotiate for favorable outcomes to compliance matters that support the company’s business objectives. Maintain an ongoing positive relationship with regulators.
- Works with Information Security and Privacy to maintain compliance with HIPAA and other relevant privacy laws.
- Works closely with legal and government relations to draft correspondence, comments, and position papers touching upon Lyft healthcare compliance matters.
- Administers healthcare licensure and application processes including provider enrollments in Medicaid and Medicaid Managed Care Plans as required.
- Provides leadership for corporate compliance objectives by performing compliance risk assessments, identifying compliance gaps, and assisting with the development of corrective action plans as needed.
- Works with corporate privacy and information security teams to participate in annual security risk assessment activities and other ongoing IT certification projects.
- Works closely with legal and government relations to recommend public policy strategies and analyze related operational impacts in the healthcare business.
- 7+ years of healthcare legal and compliance experience focusing on healthcare laws and regulations at a mid to large size law firm, government regulatory agency, in-house at a healthcare provider or health insurance plan, or preferably experience working in a healthcare legal/compliance position in a technology company.
- Juris Doctor Degree and an active license to practice law in any U.S. jurisdiction (subject to verification).
- Must be a team player and self-starter with the ability to mentor others.
- Demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, and interpersonal skills. Strong oral advocacy and presentation skills.
- Experience providing guidance on complex compliance requirements on healthcare regulatory issues and putting systems into place to meet those requirements.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and with upper management to achieve compliance objectives with support from internal business partners.
- Experience working with federal or state healthcare regulators is strongly preferred.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.