CARMERA’s mission is to deliver safe autonomy and mobility for all. To deliver on our mission, we need to capture street-level changes on a massive scale using vehicular crowdsourcing and remote optical and telemetry sensing.
The Platform team is CARMERA's most cross-functional team. We build tools used by every team and support infrastructure that multiple downstream products depend on, so it’s crucial that we have a deep understanding of our organization’s interconnected cloud and remote platforms. Developers on the Platform team are expected to collaborate with engineers across products and build iteratively, even before the perfect, well-defined solution reveals itself. We are energized by novel problems that require innovative solutions in a collaborative environment.
To meet the needs of our rapidly-expanding fleet, our team is seeking to add an Android Engineer. Your first contributions will be towards supporting firmware stability and furthering work on edge-based object detection and localization. Working at the top of the funnel means that your work will have immediate, visible impact across our entire organization while still providing ample opportunities to learn and work on a variety of exciting projects along the way.
- Design and implement diagnostic systems for field-deployed, Android Sensors.
- Develop and design features for our field-deployed Android Sensors.
- Work with vehicular-generated, real-time sensor data.
- Further enable Machine Learning on the edge.
- Work within an Android based Platform (Java or Kotlin).
To be considered for this role, a candidate should meet all of the following:
- You are an Explorer; always learning, adapting and directly engaging with evolving challenges with grace, positivity and a collaborative attitude.
- You have at least 1 year of industry experience and have either published your own Android app or are currently contributing to an Android product (Java or Kotlin).
- You have worked with RESTful APIs or other messaging architectures and protocols.
- You have high adaptability and flexibility -- you can work cross-functionally, and manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change.
- You feel energized by a fast-paced startup environment where project priorities can change frequently, requirements can be fuzzy and iteration is a must.
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience:
- You have experience with mobile platforms.
- You have geospatial or mapping experience.
- You have a deeper understanding of the Android Operating System.
- You have experience building software in Python.
- You have experience implementing pretrained Machine Learning frameworks.
Benefits & Perks
- Attractive cash and equity compensation package
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan, free cell phone plans and more
- Currently we're all working remotely, but even before transitioning to WFH, we embraced flexible working norms and time-off
- Generous paid, parental leave (up to 16 weeks for Primary Caregivers | Up to 8 weeks for Secondary Caregivers)
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- Work on groundbreaking civic challenges cutting across some of the most meaningful innovations of this era, including autonomy, smart cities, IoT, big data and AI
- Be a foundational part of an exceptional, close-knit team who have diverse backgrounds and embrace challenges that are hard but achievable
INSIDER TIP: Want to elevate your application to the top? A well articulated response to the question about related experience is the best way to insure an interview.
*This position is open to applicants currently residing in Seattle, WA or NYC, NY*
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is critical to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice and overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups and individuals.