Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this Role
The ideal candidate for this role will serve as Faire’s storyteller and customer advocate across social channels by developing a social content calendar aligned to wholesale seasonality and educating and engaging Faire’s community through product and brand campaigns. This is an ideal role for someone who is creative, collaborative, passionate about social media and excited to help craft and execute Faire’s global community management strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Own day-to-day management of community response and engagement across Faire’s social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Actively participate in community conversations and manage online reputation by listening to and engaging directly with customers in a timely and authentic manner.
- Partner with Customer Support team to bring up and triage account or product issues as needed; provide feedback to cross-functional teams on community happenings.
- Develop and drive social content calendar; work closely with Brand Marketing and Brand Studio stakeholders to align social campaigns to Faire product, content, and business priorities.
- Identify and establish POV on new social channels to invest in [TikTok, Clubhouse]
- Maintain consistent brand voice, style, tone and visual identity across all channels.
- Source and curate compelling user-generated content from customer ‘influencers’, industry partners and internal team members.
- Get scrappy with light graphic design work (experience here is a plus!)
- Establish key success metrics and measurement systems to track ROI of social strategy.
- 3-5 years relevant experience managing social media platforms or communities (B2B experience is a plus!)
- A clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership and collaboration
- Positive attitude - team player and flexible in dealing with changes in direction or priority
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills - ability to write in the Faire style and craft a strong, empathetic, and engaging brand voice on social
- Organized and accountable - high attention to detail and effective at prioritization
- Creative & resourceful- tuned into social landscape, proactively looks for opportunities to test new tactics and improve processes
- Excitement for social media marketing - passion for community building and proven experience working with social media management tools [Sprout Social, Later etc.]
- Passion for Faire’s mission - excited to advocate for brands, retailers and the Shop Local movement
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.