Base is planning to bring a million developers and a billion users onchain. We need your help to make that happen.
In this role, you will own growing user demand and activity on Base, the new Ethereum L2 incubated by Coinbase and powered by Optimism. Your north star is achieving our vision of bringing billions of users onchain.
To get there, you’ll be responsible for defining our long term strategy for enabling and growing world-class user experiences on Base, making prioritization decisions across the different strategies for achieving that, and crafting the specific product offerings that will enable users to have a best-in-class experience on Base. You’ll do this in partnership with internal teams, including the Base teams working to support developers and creatives, as well as partners in the broader Base ecosystem — we aim to do more with less, by lifting up and leveraging the products and tools that our ecosystem is already creating.
What you'll be doing:
- Define the long term strategy for growing the Base ecosystem to billions of users
- Own product development from conception to launch for offerings that help our users have a great experience onchain
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, design and cross-functional teams to develop and steer the user adoption product roadmap
- Define and analyze metrics to guide our product decision making and user growth efforts in a data-driven way
- Work with ecosystem builders to minimize how much we need to build from scratch and maximize how much we can leverage the strength of our community
What we look for in you:
- 6+ years of product management experience with deep cross-functional experience (BD, Legal, Marketing)
- 3+ years of experience in crypto, including DeFi, NFTs, RWAs, and other segments
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship management and organizational skills
- Deep analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment (e.g. you can run through walls)
Nice to have:
- Experience growing a crypto ecosystem, with a focus on end user adoption
- Experience doing smart contract engineering
- Deep existing network in crypto communities, with a focus on Ethereum
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $201,450 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.