At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
We are looking for a Senior Client Integration Manager to join our rapidly growing securities business. Paxos Settlement Service (PSS) is a platform that is transforming settlement in the world’s largest equities marketplace. This $34 trillion market of US equities has operated on the same outdated technology for nearly 50 years. The Paxos platform enables participants to massively reduce the cost of settling equities trades. Paxos is achieving this revolutionary feat through its unique position as a regulated institution trusted within the traditional system while simultaneously pioneering modern technology. This new approach has been actively covered by major US press.
The Senior Solutions Engineer for PSS is responsible for managing our most strategic enterprise customers through the full customer lifecycle. This person will have to balance operational, technical, and commercial challenges to achieve success. They will understand and support our customers, who are many of the world's leading financial institutions, in launching new products and services in digital assets powered by the infrastructure Paxos provides. They will steer the overarching strategy of the engagement through internal and external stakeholders to create long term success.
What you will do:
- You will lead the design and production of an end-to-end equities clearing and settlement integration plan beginning in pre-sale (discovery phase) and continuing through launch as participants join the Paxos Settlement Service
- You will liaise with the equities business, operations and technology teams at some of the largest banks and brokers as you design and implement individual participant’s integration plans
- You will bridge the objectives of the client’s business and the operational and technical complexities of the implementation
- You will coordinate and align multiple stakeholders within the client’s organization and Paxos
- You will develop commercial and technical champions within the client’s organization
- You will work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- You will identify and resolve obstacles that arise in implementation
- You will gather and share feedback internally about what you learn as you deliver Paxos’ solutions
What you need to have:
- You have 7+ years of experience in equity operations related specifically to clearing and settlement
- You have a clear understanding of broker-dealer and clearing broker internal systems and operational processes and how they interface with the equities settlement infrastructure
- You understand the end-to-end equities trade clearing and settlement flow with NSCC
- You have experience using back office technology such as Broadridge’s BPS, FIS’s Phase3 or similar proprietary systems (fluency in DTC’s Participant Browser Services, a plus)
- Excellent project management skills
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You will have a track record of influencing internal and external stakeholders through competing priorities, dependencies and tradeoffs
- You have strong analytical skills and can use data to inform your approach
- You have strong attention to detail and passion for solving problems
- You have the ability to thrive in ambiguity with organization and asking the right questions
- You have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- You have comfort working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several stakeholder groups
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, StoneX,and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $300 Million Series D
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
- Fireside Chat with Paxos CEO Chad Cascarilla and Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev