Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We’re looking for a Customer Experience Team Lead who will help drive forward our strategy and vision, by managing a world-class customer support team. Faire is only successful because of its customers, and we need someone who can bridge customer delight through teams with technology. As a Customer Experience Lead, you will manage a team of high performing, front-line customer support specialists to ensure we can continue advocating for the customer in a consistent and delightful manner. The position will report into the Customer Experience Manager and work closely with other functional leaders to ensure we are building the best experience for Faire’s customers.
What you'll do
- Lead a customer centric, motivated and high performing support team
- Foster a strong team culture, focused around customer-centricity and going above and beyond
- Align with CX leadership around operating processes and team performance
- Manage the day to day operations of a front line support team, including scheduling, training, 1:1’s, knowledge management, etc.
- Build accountability by setting clear goals and objectives to achieve key individual and team performance metrics
- Coach and mentor individuals on your team to enable growth opportunities
- Empower your team to surface issues that help Faire build better products
- Collaborate with other CX leads and cross-functional partners (e.g., product, engineering and design) to iterate on internal tooling
What we need
- 4+ years of leadership experience in a customer support setting
- Demonstrated ability in operations or customer support
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals and teams
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure and deliver results
- Ability to use data to inform key decision making and monitor individual and team performance
- Ability to balance competing priorities with proven record of delivering results
What would stand out
- Experience within a fast-paced environment
- Relevant support experience at marketplaces
- Prior people management experience
Please note that while we are currently remote, once Faire offices re-open this role will be an on-site function out of our Kitchener-Waterloo office.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using tech and machine learning to level the playing field: We are using the power of technology and data to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a thriving community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: We always find a way to get the job done and come up with creative solutions to whatever problems are standing in our way. People at Faire are insatiably curious. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making and reason from a first principles mindset.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have offices in San Francisco, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Salt Lake City. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.