Zola is seeking a Senior Manager, Talent & Diversity to provide essential day-to-day support in a high-performing working environment. This role will serve as a dedicated business partner to assigned departments within the organization. This role will also manage Zola’s current diversity initiatives and build upon our focus on diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re looking for a utility player who can produce results wherever the talent needs are. You must love a fast paced and collaborative culture where no two days are the same. This role will be based in our NYC office.
- HR Business Partner
- Build trusting relationships and act as a credible advisor (and trusted confidant) to employees at all levels.
- Provide coaching, support and development for key stakeholders to help them and their teams deliver their best work.
- Support planning and implementation of company-wide Talent initiatives (i.e. performance management, career development, recognition
- Handle all manner of employee relations issues, working with managers on handling sensitive matters.
- Provide general thought partnership on initiatives aimed at improving culture and team effectiveness.
- Support teams by responding to employee matters with a sense of urgency and ensure that they are resolved promptly.
- Identify and assist with other Talent projects as needed.
- Manage Zola’s current DE&I programs and activities, including the Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), diversity task force, and other ongoing initiatives. This includes meeting-planning, trend research, communication, and event planning.
- Implement and maintain a calendar of activities to drive employee engagement around DE&I priorities, as well as react to new opportunities as they arise.
- Ensure company is kept up to date on DE&I programs and results.
- Provide input into the development of training content in support of DE&I.
- Track and report on demographics, trends and statistics at the company level.
- Build a network and represent Zola at external events, meetings and conferences related to DE&I.
- Partner with key stakeholders on any external DE&I initiatives or messaging.
- 7+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner or Diversity Specialist
- Excellent project management and organizational savvy. Solid track record in implementing process improvements.
- Understanding and sincere interest in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion concepts, programs and trends.
- Natural, authentic people skills; you’re a great listener and easily build trusting relationships at all levels. You maintain objective, honest, and clear communications.
- Ability to easily flex from strategic to tactical work; you can think big picture and execute tactically
- Highly motivated and process-driven with exceptional attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and understand how to handle confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal, including ability to network and leverage internal and external relationships to achieve goals.
- Optimistic attitude and inclusive nature
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, and quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online and mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, and simply magical. We've raised over $140 million in financing, and we’re proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, and we’re proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, and we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion and perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, and partner will be respected and accepted and valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we also have a growing team in Charlottesville and Montreal. We’re hiring in all three offices. Come work with us!