What's next in music is first on SoundCloud. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners, and curators who share, discover, and influence what’s new, now, and next in music and audio.
The Music Marketing team helps amplify new music and build audiences for creators, working to bring the best new sounds to both longtime and soon-to-be fans.
You will be an integral part of SoundCloud’s Music Marketing team, working to enable a deeper, data-based understanding of the trends and dynamics that shape our marketing initiatives. You will study on and off-platform engagement, including curated playlist performance, to inform thinking across the team and impact our marketing campaigns, reporting best practices, and strategic roadmap.
- Track, report, and analyze key marketing and streaming performance metrics on a weekly and as-needed basis
- Act as a central expert by refining our music marketing analysis and reporting frameworks
- Contribute as an expert to strategic music marketing projects. Such contributions may include streaming analysis, identifying emerging artists to invest more deeply into, and establishing benchmarks for success across marketing campaigns and development initiatives.
- Independently run ad-hoc projects to analyze and understand the business implications of proposed decisions
- Build sustainable cross functional relationships across the organization
- Feel comfortable using SQL, and, ideally, Python, to access data when conducting analyses and building Data Studio dashboards
What you'll bring to the team:
- Degree in a quantitative or business-related field (strong academic track record preferred)
- 1-3 years of experience, ideally at a leading tech firm or within the streaming music field
- Exceptional analytical skills paired with excellent business judgment
- Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources with excellent SQL skills and, ideally, some knowledge of Python
- Experience with data warehouse infrastructure BigQuery and concepts necessary to transform big data into meaningful business information
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail paired with a hands-on approach; Ability to handle complex situations with clarity and confidence
- Strong resiliency and ambition to get things done in an often-changing market and competitive landscape
- Strong communication/presentation skills with confidence to present complex analysis to senior management
- Ability to build relationships and networks across multiple functions, regions, and at all levels of the organization
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with both technical and business audiences
- Desire to consistently deliver excellent, thorough work
- A true love of music
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.