Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
As a Senior Curriculum Developer working on our Computer Science content, you would be responsible for leading the development of new Computer Science content, developing a strategy around future Computer Science content, mentoring Curriculum Developers and third party authors, and reviewing content created by others.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead development of new content related to our Computer Scientist Career Path, as well as Skill Paths and Courses in the Computer Science domain. Content would include lessons, quizzes, projects, courses, and outcome-oriented learning paths.
- Co-lead the Computer Science domain where you will develop a larger strategy around what Computer Science content we produce.
- Review, provide feedback to, and mentor a network of 3rd party authors who contribute content to Codecademy.
- Research industry standards and emerging technology, in addition to educational techniques and philosophies, and apply them to curricula.
- Research the learner experience, identify weaknesses in curriculum, and make improvements to existing content.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, and marketers to design, create, market, and improve Codecademy's curricula.
- Collaborate with the Customer Support and Product teams to gain insight into the learner experience and make data-based improvements to curricula.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to create and improve the content authoring process and tools, and make improvements to our learning environment.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree or practical experience required.
- 4+ years of professional experience as a teacher or instructor including experience with writing educational content.
- A strong pedagogical background with formal training on different educational frameworks.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages, including, but not limited to: Python, Java, C++.
- Experience working with the entire data science pipeline — from data acquisition to communicating your data science findings.
- Experience with developer tools such as Git, GitHub, and the command line.
- Interest and ability to learn programming languages, libraries, and frameworks quickly.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science or Education.
- Project, product, or people management experience involving small to large teams.
- Experience working with 3rd party authors and vendors to deliver high-quality content.
- Experience writing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format (such as blogs or e-books) or in print.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.