Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their businesses and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
At Flipp, the Design team is the pioneer of our digital products and an indispensable pillar of our growth and success. We're looking for a Junior Visual Designer to join a team of high-energy creative types who work together to promote our Flipp and reebee brand to our new and existing users across North America.
Please note: This is a hybrid position. You will be expected to come in to our Etobicoke office 1 day per week to use the create studio.
What you'll get the opportunity to do:
- Prepare and retouch creative material for production while paying close attention to detail to ensure revisions and files are reviewed for consistency, quality, accuracy and brand adherence
- Apply creative thinking and design a variety of digital media advertisements for multiple platforms (ex: website, social media ads, banners, emails, etc) that adheres to our Flipp and reebee brands
- Create icons, illustrations and logos that fit our brand and our needs
- Support with basic video animation and editing
- Support our Creative Producer in Flipp's studio with our photography/videography shoots
You'll need to have:
- A diploma or degree in graphic design or communications (or equivalent)
- Proficiency in Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Illustration skills, basic animation skills and basic video editing skills
- Experience recording videos and editing content for social media platform is preferred but not required
- Strong attention to detail (copy, grammar, layout composition, images, colour, etc)
- A self-starter mindset while being highly driven to grow
- An openness to giving and receiving feedback to better yourself as a designer and better the team
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced multi-project environment
- A receptive attitude to creative direction and adapt to a multitude of changes
- An online portfolio that demonstrates strong aesthetics and design principles (this must be provided in your application)
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the center of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including: Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, fill out the fields below and submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity, equity & inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.