New York, Full-Time
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
The BARK tech team builds the systems and apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, and more. In short, we create the technology that keeps the business running and (more importantly) makes dogs happy. On the Product Team we make sure those solutions are the very best choice for our business partners, company goals, and customers. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) and scientifically (test and measure whenever we can), while taking the work-- but not ourselves -- too seriously.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFING FOR
BARK is seeking a Vice President of Product to join our tech team. We’re looking for a thoughtful and ambitious leader to evolve our product process, safeguard our customer experience and drive BARK’s business goals.
The VP of Product reports directly to the CTO, and partners strategically with senior cross-functional leaders across the company - from operations to physical product development. They will lead the customer experience team, the front-end product team, and the platform product team to create compelling digital products that support the larger BARK strategy.
- Lead our product & user experience teams across the platform, internal tooling and front-end groups.
- Guide the product vision and long-term strategy for the current BARK customer experience on web and native app, as well as the back-end infrastructure and administrative tools.
- Partner with C Suite leaders, representing the product team on strategic company decisions.
- Maintain and drive a strong product culture, roadmapping, and prioritization process
- Push and develop the team's understanding of product development, our competition, and the space
- Ensure that product & engineering goals complement business objectives, and clearly communicate impact to leadership and the larger organization
- 10+ years experience in product management, ideally covering a range of front-end customer experiences, technical products, and internal tooling / content management systems.
- Experience running a digital product strategy that tangibly improves both the user experience and business.
- Track record of growing your peers and team members into stronger product managers and user experience leads.
- 4+ years in a leadership role: assessing, budgeting for, implementing, and maintaining a team
- Working collaboratively across a large organization
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience building both web and native mobile products, preferably on an eCommerce or DTC product.
- Fluency in (but not blind adherence to) modern product process. Experience applying different process techniques to different teams based on needs and culture.
- Ability to compellingly communicate product strategy to your team and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify and set meaningful KPIs that are connected to topline business goals.
- Empathy, optimism, curiosity, humility, and a somewhat inappropriate sense of humor. Openness to poop jokes is a must.
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, fabulous team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Please Note: BARK requires all employees or guests entering our space to provide proof of up-to-date covid-19 vaccinations. Exemption and/or accommodation requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- The base salary range for this position is $220,000- $265,000
- This position is eligible for equity
- This role is eligible to participate in the Management Incentive Plan
- To learn more about the perks and benefits offered with this position, please check out our Benefits page here
**This compensation range is based on BARKs good faith estimate as of the date of this posting and may be modified in the future. Actual pay for this position will depend on a variety of variables including location, travel, internal equity, experience, education, skills, and expertise.