Senior Software Engineer – Software for Factory Management
With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for nearly every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As we near a public listing milestone that will broaden our market leadership and build on years of innovation, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Sr Test Development Manager
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for an outstanding engineer interested in applying creativity and a broad skill- set toward building cutting-edge software for a next generation factory management and test system. You will work independently on design, implementation, and testing of new systems in a rapidly evolving factory test system.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Create local and distributed control and management subsystems for power modules, vehicle communications, and user interfaces.
- Factory station device test design.
- Support of real-time cloud management and remote administration.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and globally with hardware and cloud engineering teams to define specifications, features, and APIs.
- Participate in design and code reviews, as well as mentor other members of the team.
- 5+ years of experience in developing embedded system products using C++, Java or Python
- Ability to use and program for Linux is a requirement
- Familiarity with BuildRoot, Python3, QT5, git, SQL, and OOP programming.
- Exposure in connectivity architecture using Wireless (Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC), and wired (Ethernet) interfaces a plus
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to make critical system-level design decisions and drive projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Experience with a range of native graphics / display-based products and user interface application services using QT, Python3, and C++.