At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking to hire a Content Writer who will be responsible for drafting digital content, collateral, flyers, one-pagers, Press Q&A papers, radio, and digital video scripts, etc. The Content Writer will work with the broader public affairs team to strategize compelling content. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized with strong attention to detail, have 2+ years of experience in communications, digital, or social media work, with a strong grasp of writing, content creation, including graphic design.
- Create written and multimedia content for the Public Policy team at Lyft, supporting the overall policy goals of the company
- Serve as a principal writer and producer for Lyft’s public affairs program, drafting copy for emails, web pages and collateral for online campaigns
- Write op-eds, fact sheets, and other content that that tells Lyft’s driver and passenger story to partner organizations, government officials, and the broader public
- Collaborate with internal creative teams and vendors to craft messaging strategy and content at national, state and local levels
- Extract key findings from public survey data to inform the creation of Lyft’s public policy message to key audiences
- A portion of your time will be dedicated to coordinating budget and payment paperwork for the 4 person public affairs team.
- At least 2+ years experience in writing, content development
- digital analytics experience
- Ability to create high-quality content using graphics design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, or Sketch.
- Experience in tailoring content to a diverse set of constituents based public survey data
- High caliber writer with experience of producing error-free content in fast-paced environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience tracking budgets is preferable
- Ability to create high-quality content using graphics design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, or Sketch would be a bonus.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.