At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is hiring Director, Social Media to lead and own overarching strategy for Lyft’s brand social channels. The Director, Social Media will have the opportunity to help shape the stories we tell about Lyft. We feel strongly that Lyft can bring positive change to our cities by providing the world’s best transportation. You need to believe in our mission and champion it while tying our social channel content back to our brand strategy.
As Director, Social Media you’ll act as editor-in-chief as well as the operational lead for our social media channel managers. You’ll turn our social properties into marketing channels that have a direct impact on our business goals. You’ll have a hand in developing and honing our measurement strategy and tools, ensuring that the team is experimenting appropriately with our creative team to maximize growth and impact. Yes, you nerd out in the numbers and seek to grow the channel in support of business objectives, but you’re also connected to pop culture and are energized by cities’ most important conversations.
This role reports to our Vice President of Brand at Lyft and is based out of Lyft’s San Francisco Headquarters.
- Develop Lyft’s social strategy across all channels
- Manage our Instagram, Twitter and Facebook Channel Managers
- Ensure programs and content map to Lyft’s overarching brand strategy
- Guide team on the content calendar, budget, measurement, and operations
- Act as leader and liaison between creative and growth marketing teams
- Manage external agency partners when necessary
- 10+ years leading social media, editorial, and content programs that include Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Experience building and leading strong best-in-class social media teams
- Experience working cross functionally and partnering with growth marketing, product marketing, brand marketing, creative, comms, and partnership teams
- Understanding and experience with best-in-class tools
- Great taste and experience working with world-class, with photography and/or visual content creators
- You stay on top of trends in pop culture, as well as social and sustainability issues
- You’re a Lyft user / championer of the brand
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.