Reimagine the infrastructure of cancer care within a technology and science community that values integrity, inspires growth, and is uniquely positioned to create a more modern, connected oncology ecosystem.
We’re looking for software engineering new graduates to help us accomplish our mission to improve and extend lives by learning from the experience of every person with cancer. Are you ready to be the next changemaker in cancer care?
What You'll Do
Learning from the experience of every person with cancer involves building systems that scale, excellent UI, and robust data pipelines along the way. There are openings for engineers across multiple product lines and technology stacks. We welcome full-stack engineers, passionate backend engineers, engineers that are enthusiastic about data, aspiring architects, and emerging engineering leaders. As an engineer you’ll:
- Write simple, elegant, well-structured, well-tested code that drives new features and improvements across all out products and services
- Build creative solutions to tough business challenges
- Promote technical best practices
We work in a fast-paced, high-information-volume environment with complex domain challenges, which means context is key and there's always more to learn and soak up. We want to know oncology data front to back — better than anyone else in the industry — and we believe accomplishing that requires building a culture where we all like coming to work each day. In our culture, decisions are transparent and data-driven, and people are empowered to make waves.
Who You Are
You're a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who values the opportunity to think beyond the way things are. In addition, You're graduating between December 2022 and June 2023 with a BS or MS in computer science or a related field. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day.
- You write clean, well-structured code
- You have experience working in a fast-paced company
- You are enthusiastic about working on a multi-disciplinary team
- You are passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
- Contribute to an open source project
- Speak fluent Python
- Have used Pandas, R, or another data analytics tool on a messy, real-world data set
- Have developed apps using modern frontend frameworks like AngularJS / Ember.js
- Have experience with SQL or another query language
- Have deep empathy for data and a strong understanding of statistics
- Understand experimental design, and can build for collection, measurement and interpretation of results
Life at Flatiron
At Flatiron Health, we offer a full range of benefits to support you and your loved ones so you can focus your working hours on improving cancer care and accelerating cancer research, and your non-working hours on everything else life has to offer:
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive compensation package
- 401(k) contribution to help you reach your retirement planning goals
- Financial health resources including 1:1 financial advice
- Mental well-being tools and services
- Parental benefits and policies including family-building care and generous leave
- Path to parenthood programs supporting fertility, adoption and surrogacy
- Travel support for safe healthcare services
- Lifestyle spending account for perks that make sense for you and your family
In addition to our robust benefit offerings, visit our Life at Flatiron page to learn how we support continuous learning through professional development programs and celebrate Diversity in the workplace.
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
COVID-19: Pursuant to Flatiron's health and safety protocol relating to COVID-19, candidates selected for hire must disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status and must be fully vaccinated in order to access our offices or travel to customer sites, subject to legally required exemptions for disability or sincerely-held religious belief. Flatiron will engage in an interactive process as appropriate for the particular position. For external-facing roles, especially those involving contact with vulnerable individuals, accommodations for unvaccinated status may not be feasible.