WHO WE ARE
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
As the Director, Product Excellence, you will be responsible for driving the software roadmap for the Zume Forward business. You will provide subject matter expertise on platform design for kitchen operations, order management, and integration with 3P marketplaces and last-mile delivery solutions. We are looking for someone who can translate customer requests and feedback from many teams (customer success/sales, engineering, maintenance, and operations teams) into a cohesive hardware strategy, to prioritize, and to deliver ongoing expansion of our software offerings for restaurant partners.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide thought leadership in product strategy while interpreting customer (internal/external) needs and requirements; Partner with Product Management and Engineering to translate concepts into our strategic Zume Forward product roadmap.
- In collaboration with Marketing and Sales, analyzes market trends and identify customer needs to create data-driven, actionable insights for product teams. Suggest new product development priorities which contribute to our overall product platform strategy.
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of your product space and technology platform. Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions.
- Play a supporting role in continuously improving operations through technology and automation; Apply insight and action against performance metrics/trends
- Implement end-to-end performance metrics across different functions and organizations to measure the end-to-end value chain performance.
- Work through others to maximize the impact and velocity of your efforts; you must be comfortable guiding initiatives in a matrixed environment.
- Create business models around new products for go / no-go decision-making. Oversee testing required for pre-launch and post-launch of new product offerings.
WHO YOU ARE
- 10+ years of experience in strategy & ops, product strategy, and/or operations.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field. Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred or equivalent working experience.
- Experience in Agile product and SaaS / PaaS product and associated engagement model preferred.
- Knowledge of food service and supply chain execution systems a plus.
- A proven ability to evangelize products and features to both customers and cross-functional team members, aligning the entire team around a product strategy and vision for the market. Skilled and passionate about managing and developing teams, both individual contributor PMs as well as earlier career managers
- Demonstrated ability to partner with senior leadership, understand business goals, analyze opportunities and develop improvement project plans for various workflows
- Demonstrated change management leadership capabilities to drive significant process and behavioral change throughout an organization
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, leading unique messaging and GTM campaigns, and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment.
- Excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex datasets - ability to integrate creativity and analytical horsepower to quickly execute ideas; SQL is a plus
- Strong technical communication skills and experience building extensive training/documentation programs for front-line operators and support staff
- Ability to travel to support our growing business - up to 25% at times, to support market launches and customer implementations.
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.