Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring an Associate Product Operations Manager to join our Product team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
The Product Operations team unlocks Oscar’s ability to ship more products faster and better, which is critical to Oscar’s overall mission to use technology and design to refactor healthcare. The primary function of Product Operations is to execute and continuously improve processes leading up to product launch, as well as ongoing processes that have not been automated.
Oscar’s work in tech spans several areas: building innovative consumer experiences, technology and infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations and processes, and lots more.
As an Associate Product Operations Manager, you will be embedded with 2-3 of our engineering pods, working in partnership with a talented team of Product Managers, Engineers and Designers. You’ll become an expert in your domain area and become the “go to” person for questions about our current product functionality. You’ll own key product delivery processes, such as QA Planning, Launch Readiness and Bug Triage -- both ensuring that they’re executed well and continuously improved.
You will report to a Product Operations leader. This is a hybrid role. You will work part of the time in the New York City office and part of the time work-from-home/remote. #LI-Hybrid
- Partner closely with Product team members, Engineering, Business teams, external partners, and other stakeholders to ensure that “stuff gets done” within your domain.
- Execute on operational tasks, such as inbound file integrations and maintaining data taxonomies, with an eye towards making them better.
- Dive into the data and systems using SQL to understand trends and troubleshoot issues.
- Build and maintain an open line of communication with stakeholders and team members in and across departments.
- Work with PM & Engineering to specify test and acceptance criteria for manual QA testing, including documenting the test plan & scenarios.
- Facilitate internal communications around project status, feature launches and dependencies.
- Ensure that bugs are being escalated and triaged appropriately.
- Create and maintain documentation to make processes sustainable and scalable.
- Design and implement key processes that help us scale our products.
- You can manage your work independently, but you enjoy working cross-functionally to accomplish greater goals as a team.
- You grasp technical concepts quickly, ask good questions, and are as comfortable working side-by-side with engineers as you are explaining software requirements to a non-technical audience. (Ability to write code is not required.)
- You represent the needs of the Tech team in conversations with internal stakeholders.
- You communicate clearly and concisely in written form.
- You’ve demonstrated your ability to pick up technical concepts; while SQL is not a requirement for the role coming in, you will need to learn and use SQL regularly in this role.
- Experience. You have 4+ years of work experience in a cross-functional role in technology or operations. Ideally, at least 2+ years of that experience involves working directly with engineers and designers.
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.