Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) and strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other.
In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing and improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to join us on this journey.
We're seeking a Hospitality Operations Specialist to join our Operations team. The Hospitality Operations Specialist will report directly to the General Manager.
What You’ll Do: The Hospitality Operations Specialist supports many aspects of the meetings, workplace and studio offerings at dedicated location in accordance with Convene’s vision, mission and values including our core principles.
- Effectively communicate via verbal and written correspondence with all level of employees and clients; exhibiting GRIT in all interactions
- Work dynamically and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner
- Enter and input visitors
- Problem solving/requests at desk
- Liaison with Operations Team along with WP Members; assist with Robin (Room Booking) reservations, catering orders, building requests (badges, tickets, work orders), sort/deliver mail & packages
- Assistance with service execution; set-up and breakdown, support during peak periods
- Assist with coordination for setup and execution of all functions with the Service, Production, Technology, Customer Success and Culinary departments
- Keep Welcome Desk clean/organized; responsible for badge printing and stocking of materials
- Keep coat room clean/organized
- Comply with Convene standards and regulations to encourage healthy, safe and efficient operations in adherence to best practices and requirements from DOH, FDNY, OSHA, CDC and local guidelines, etc.
- Orchestrate and set-up Surprise & Delights for WP Members and/or Site Tours
- Order office supplies
- Check in guests with proxyclick and show reception/nourish area
- Escort meetings guests when needed
- Manage lost and found
- Building Requests- Cleaning
- Assist Service Manager and Chef with scheduling and administrative responsibilities
- Create and maintain positive relationships with building management and landlord partners
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures and Brand Standards are being adhered to and support any updates accordingly when applicable
- Basic knowledge of Audio/Visual equipment set up and usage
- Platform use in: Salesforce WXM Portal, ProxyClick, Envoy, GoParrot, Square, Robin, ZenDesk, Microsoft (*word, powerpoint, excel) and Outlook
What We Look For:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in hospitality
- Ability to work effectively with clients
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Who We Are:
Convene is the leading provider of premium meeting and workday experiences with a global network of venues and flexible office locations. Combining design, technology, and hospitality to elevate today’s modern work experience, Convene creates the spaces and experiences that help teams succeed. With Studio, an all-in-one solution for digitally-enabled events, and 23 locations across the U.S. & London including meeting spaces and flexible workplaces, Convene creates your best day at work, wherever it happens. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by both Inc. and Fortune Magazine.
We’re Here For You:
At Convene, you’ll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you and your family
- Medical and insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off for your birthday
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals and snacks at work (when in the office)
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team and the business in the work that you do
We require all employees, regardless of location, to be fully vaccinated (including boosters, if eligible) against Covid-19 by the time they start, subject to any applicable accommodations. Therefore, if you were to join Convene, subject to any applicable accommodations, you would need to be fully vaccinated by your hire date to be eligible to start in the role. As a condition of employment, you would need to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. Convene will consider and review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. #LI-DK1