Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Sr. SDR for the mid-Atlantic / Metro-DC region to support our seasoned Federal GTM team on our highest value accounts. This key role will contribute to the development and pipeline growth between Planet and our Federal accounts by conducting thoughtful and creative outreach to a range of key stakeholders within the Federal and DoD ecosystem, generating new and expansion revenue. As a foundational member of a high growth business unit, you will have the opportunity to contribute to strategy, account planning, and relationship development for a prestigious sales organization.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Drive and assist high-level discovery conversations during the introductory phase of the sales motion, uncovering each stakeholder's set of business needs, use cases, technical requirements, and purchasing process
- Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts (i.e., zoominfo, RFPs, industry publications), identify key stakeholders, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, and develop accounts
- Collaborate with your strategic account manager on SWOT analysis and account planning
- Develop sequence strategies for multiple stakeholders to engage across various channels, including phone, email, social media and in-person events
- Collaborate with Planet’s marketing and customer success teams to drive a world-class experience through thoughtful, effective communication
What You Bring:
- Experience prospecting a complex technical product or service to U.S. Federal organizations and the DoD.
- Passion for bringing high tech solutions to the Federal and DoD ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex topics and translate them into effective messaging and business outcomes for targeted campaigns
- Personable with natural rapport building abilities and demonstrated discretion to work with confidential information
- Great enthusiasm for speaking to prospects about Planet’s value proposition
- A desire to succeed in the role, grow your career at Planet, and support the Federal account team
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Current or previous US service history
- Experience prospecting or selling satellite imagery solutions for national security into Federal or DoD accounts a plus
- Domain expertise in GEOINT, satellite imaging, or remote imaging. Previous vertical experience in: agriculture, CPG, Energy, or state and local government a plus
- Strong interest in geo-political events, aerospace and climate change a plus
- Understanding of MEDDPICC and Command of the Message methodologies, leading discovery calls and identifying pain in a methodical way
- Knowledge of Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, Groove and email automation tools
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $60,300 - $122,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.