The HubSpot product team is passionate about helping small and medium-sized businesses grow better by building the tools that help them market, sell, and serve their customers. We build products for more than 135,000 customers in over 120 countries around the world. To ensure we have the right foundation in place as our team continues to grow, we are increasing our investment in our UX executive leadership team.
As Chief of Staff, you’ll report to the head of UX and work shoulder to shoulder with senior leaders to create and drive programs that focus on communications, operations, efficiency, and team health.
About the role:
The Chief of Staff is a strategic advisor leading the staff operations for the UX organization, empowering and supporting a dynamic team of over 200 (and counting) to do what they do best: create valuable and usable experiences for our customers.
There are three primary focus areas:
- Work with partners to streamline human-centric initiatives and programming,
- Operationalize programs to foster team health
- Run the UX organization operating system. You’ll be responsible for driving alignment, bringing order to complex situations, and solving problems that enable the UX leaders to function at their best.
How you’ll empower the team:
- Support and help implement the vision for major departmental initiatives that drive team strategy, alignment, and health
- Be an executive partner and thought leader in all aspects of UX organizational strategy
- Independently own and drive key strategic initiatives with multiple cross-functional stakeholders to impactful completion
- Explore and uncover the levers of value creation for the UX org and be a proactive champion for the activities and programs that unlock more value
- Help the senior team spend their focus on the right major projects
- Maintain a backlog of strategic priorities for the leadership team and create a cadence aligned with business seasonality to ensure progress is being made against them
- Organize and run key meetings within the organization including Staff meetings, Leadership meetings, Town Halls, AMAs
- Establish and own internal communication strategy with the goal of energizing the team and ensuring alignment on key goals
- Own a program for continuously improving team development, proactively working with leaders and HRBPs to identify systems to help close talent gaps, and ensuring healthy evolution of growth and promotional rubrics
We’re looking for those who have:
- At least 10 years of experience working in a software product environment (ideally high growth SaaS) supporting embedded design/UX functions - for example in a chief of staff, commercial strategy or operations capacity.
- Experience supporting senior leaders in a rapidly scaling organization
- Developed ability to build relationships, collaborate effectively, and build trust with partners – and you’re not afraid to bring playfulness and a sense of humor to the table in the process
- Exceptional written and verbal and communication skills, including short and long form messaging and deck creation, and a refined skill in tailoring messages to specific audiences in their preferred channels
- High situational awareness
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to understand the macro business context and translate into team level initiatives
- Comfort with summarizing issues and articulating goals to executive teams, as well as recontextualizing for different audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and delegate elements effectively to senior leaders and enablement teams as you maintain focus on the highest priority issues
- Comfort with ambiguity and a bias towards action and experimentation to drive progress
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills: you see the bigger picture, seek root causes, synthesize details, and break down obstacles into manageable work
- A growth mindset, boundless creativity and adaptability, and a desire to be part of creating a learning culture
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) - link to HubSpot's Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.