Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Marketing Operations Specialist will oversee strategic development and day-to-day execution of marketing automation activities. This position will be a key contributor on the Growth Marketing team and will work closely with Sales Operations.
This role manages Lead Scoring, Marketo Clean up, Data Orchestration tool, Partner lead flow. This role works closely with Marketing Operations, Sales Operations, Field Marketing and Product teams to ensure proper lead flow and data quality initiatives.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Oversee marketing attribution for all Marketing-generated leads and contacts
- Ensure current marketing campaigns are tracked effectively, and if necessary, do weekly clean up to update lead source details
- Make sure all leads generated by Marketing has Marketing campaign associated with them
- Identify leads with missing lead source first or last campaign and update them accordingly
- Optimize current marketing tracking and come up with best practices
- Own Marketo folders and programs organization
- Reorganize all marketing programs in Marketo and make sure all folders are easily accessible
- Create and manage documentation to provide guidance on all program navigation
- Audit current marketing campaigns and if require deactivate unnecessary triggers from Marketo to ensure smooth lead flow
- Audit current Marketo fields for leads and provide recommendations on optimization
- Organize Salesforce campaign structure
- Make sure all Salesforce campaigns have necessary required fields filled in and update old programs with new naming convention
- Update Salesforce campaign member status with responded for member success
- Assist in implementation of a data orchestration tool (Ring Lead), and set up automation triggers in the data orchestration tool to normalize, segment and enrich data
- Set up triggers for enriching Marketing data with ZoomInfo and sync to Salesforce
- Support initial projects of lead segmentation and lead-to-account mapping
- Troubleshoot Salesforce sync issues, fix future sync issues, and set up any triggers to resolve these issues automatically
What You Bring:
- BA/BS degree required
- 4+ years of experience in B2B tech with track record of increasing responsibility
- Proficiency with Marketo and other marketing automation technology including Pardot, HubSpot, etc.
- Proficiency of Salesforce with a demonstrated ability to build reports and dashboards by yourself
- Familiar with data orchestration tools like Ring Lead, Openprise or similar.
- Experience using project management tools such as Monday.com, SmartSheets, Trello, Wrike, Kanban, Asana, or similar
- Excellent grasp of best practices for email marketing and design (CAN-SPAM, GDPR, subject line testing, ALT tags, image optimization, etc.)
- Knowledge of data segmentation, dynamic content and email measurement
- Strong business acumen and quantitative analytical skills
- Fast learner—can achieve power-user status on multiple tools quickly
- Advanced knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets skills
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $60,300 - $122,000. This role is eligible for equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.