About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
We are looking for an experienced Office Production Manager to bring their expertise to our team. We are looking for an accomplished, passionate person that can work with several departments. You will focus on the administrative aspects of production management, maintaining the suite of spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets), databases, and documents that we use to track and organize the dozens of projects that are in production. You will report into an Associate Director.
- Daily check-ins with Producer(s) and managers
- Track production budget notes between Basecamp and Airtable
- Process, report production expenses
- Update tracking databases with notes, treatments, and personnel throughout pre-sale and prep
- Assist producers and production managers with paperwork preparation and processing
- Set up project kickoff meetings
- Attend pre-sale brief calls with sellers, account managers, creatives, and manage notes
- Troubleshoot daily production challenges and escalate when required
- Work with Production team to reduce bottlenecks and increase efficiency
- Secure COIs for several projects
- Maintain production budgets for assigned teams and projects
- Review wrap folders for all required documents after submission by producers
- You will support both the Co Branded and Media Brands production teams
- Have 3+ years of production experience
- Impeccable time management skills, ability to multi-task / prioritize projects with sensitive deadlines
- Work in high pressure, fast paced production environment
- Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules/plans
- Excellent written verbal communication skills
- Self-starter that is able to see a task through all stages until completion
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- This position is approximately 40 hours a week
- Excellent attention to detail
- Work with a variety of personalities and across several teams across BuzzFeed
- Have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a team environment
- Proficient in Google Drive, Google Sheets
- Proficient in Movie Magic Budgeting, Scheduling, Smartstart, Airtable, Basecamp, Slack or comparable budgeting, scheduling and tracking software is preferred but not required
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.