Data Solutions Visualization, Senior Specialist, Google Data Studio - ADVZ
ABOUT ADVZ (pronounced “advise”)
ADVZ is a fully accredited Google Marketing Platform (GMP) sales partner. We help brands build stronger digital connections with consumers through nimble and strategic engagement models, providing advertising and data strategy, training, technology design and hands-on campaign management.
As a Kepler Group company, ADVZ draws from Kepler's strategic, technology-and data-driven marketing expertise to provide world-class Google marketing support.
The ADVZ team is guided by Kepler’s values:
Kepler prides itself on being a great place to work. In fact, we’re proud to share that AdAge recognized Kepler among the Best Place to Work in 2022, validating our investment in our team and our clients.
- Kepler prides itself on being a great place to work. In fact, we’re proud to share that AdAge just recognized Kepler as the #7 Best Place to Work”, validating our investment in our team and our clients.
- We're transparent with our employees. You'll hear updates on company financials, how we're performing against bonus goals, and how we're responding to challenges we face.
- We're growing. For you, that means unparalleled growth opportunities and a role in shaping the direction of the company.
- We're fun, authentic, empathetic, and ever-in-motion. You'll work with and learn from the smartest people in the industry and have a blast doing it.
- We're human. You'll have an option to join Employee Resource Groups, DEI initiatives, and altruism efforts to bring positive societal impact.
ADVZ’s Data Solutions Visualization (DSV) Sr. Specialists live within the Google Data Solutions team, driving expertise of the Google Marketing Platform’s Data Visualization and Data Management products: Data Studio, Looker, Google Cloud (including Ads Data Hub) and BiqQuery.
The Data Solutions VIsualization team is made up of forward-thinking data visualization and management specialists with expertise in ingesting, ensuring QA, cleaning, visualizing, trendspotting, and interpreting digital marketing performance data. Successful members of the team are able to pair the technical aspects of the job with outstanding problem-solving abilities, strong data/analytics experience, and excellent English communication skills for storytelling narratives backed by data.
This team is not just a dashboarding team - you will be a strategic data and analytics expert, who will be client-facing, partner-facing, and seen as an internal expert for brainstorming future-proof data visualization solutions that drive client value and solve/automate internal workflow challenges.
As a Data Solutions Visualization, Senior Specialist, you will:
- Support the development of standardizing Kepler process for data ingestion and visualization for clients and internal dashboards
- Support the team to scale efforts:
- Ensure data accuracy; unify data across sources (typically Google-sourced data)
- Flag data quality issues
- Templatize basic data visualizations, develop and productize ad hoc analyses
- Identify trends in data - determine systems needed to automate trendspotting
- Educate the team in digital marketing to provide context on data
- Codify and share best practices across the team
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Learn: Refine your GMP data visualization and management expertise, while also learning context through multi-partner and omnichannel training, as well as trendspotting and data storytelling classes.
Guide & Teach: Provide training, input, and hands-on guidance around data management and visualization.
Lead: Help us build and manage a team of Data Solutions Visualization specialists
- Work with ADVZ peers to provide best-in-class Google support
- Collaborate with Google (including gTech, product managers, and partner manager resources) to develop new products
- Be a strategic partner to your clients, not just providing execution benefits
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of experience in data management or analytics, working with large data sets to produce reporting or analyses.
- Google Data Studio and Looker experience preferred; Datorama and other data visualization software experience is a bonus
- Experience working with media data within the Google Marketing Platform -- Google Campaign Manager (DCM/DFA), DV360, SA360, Google Analytics -- is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or similar alternative, recognized and relevant certification(s)
- Strong analytical skills, and comfort with MS Excel/Google Sheets, data analysis and internet technologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong ability to create and build relationships; Spanish fluency is a plus, but not required
- Ability to self-manage, juggle multiple priorities, and pay close attention to details
- Ability to contribute to fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-based environment
- Strong passion to embrace diversity -- to be authentic, empathetic, equitable, and inclusive
Previous hired candidates for this role often have these titles across agencies, consultancies, brands, digital media solutions providers, and ad-tech/mar-tech partners:
- Account Manager
- Jr. Consultant
Candidates are often looking for the next step in their career to become a:
- Senior Supervisor
- Senior Strategist
- Senior Coordinator
- Senior Account Manager
- Solutions Manager
- Data Consultant
- Ad Ops Junior Manager
- Ad Serving Associate Manager
- Coordinator, Campaign Operations
- Data Analyst, Marketing Systems
- Specialist, Client Data Solutions
- Strategist, Ad Tech
Is this role close to what you’re looking for, but not quite right?
Consider our Kepler Media Delivery department listings on our career page (https://www.keplergrp.com/careers):
- Optimization & Innovation: Media platform optimization specialists and leads, ad tech experts, partner innovation… Includes curious change agents, SEM, Social, DSPs, Advanced TV experts
- Hear about the department directly from an OI Manager: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MctRNKSrMHQ.
- Marketing Analytics & Insights: Data Management, data visualization, insight identification, advanced analytics… for data engineers, data architects, data scientists.
- Client Solutions: Client strategy, media planning, ad operations, marketing systems and measurement strategy… for consultants, strong presenters, project managers, business navigators.
- Watch our Client Solutions Senior Analyst introduction video: https://youtu.be/7aYnKRnrbvU.
MORE ABOUT ADVZ + KEPLER
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- 401k with employer contribution
- Paid parental leave: 16 weeks primary caregiver, 4 weeks secondary caregiver
- Adoption assistance
- Health & Wellness monthly reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement and training stipend
- Hybrid Office/WFH Schedules: office supplies, internet, and phone stipend
- Unlimited PTO: Minimum vacation days enforced
- “Work from Anywhere” 4 weeks per year
- Stocked kitchen, DoorDash meals, and other team outings
- Collaborative and friendly work space, easily commutable locations
- Volunteering & altruism opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and company celebrations: Summer, Halloween, Holidays, and many multicultural holidays recognized/celebrated
If something is important to you that’s not listed here, let us know!
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and Hackathons
- Environment of learning from peers, including 30+ class training program, Kepler University, powered by Center of Excellence and Tiger Team subject matter expert groups
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and industry thought leaders
- Kepler Rocket Mentorship Program: beneficial for the development of both mentors and mentees
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): identity and interest based teams to help you throughout your time at Kepler
LET’S TALK: Questions about ADVZ, Kepler or any of our opportunities?