At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Senior UI Infrastructure Engineer
About this Role
Compass’ Glide Division is building a collaborative transaction platform that streamlines all of the work that goes into buying and selling homes. Unlike other teams at Compass, Glide is a platform investment for the entire industry and is intended to be used by all real estate agents and clients, not just ones from a particular brokerage. Your job will be to take previously manual or tedious tasks and turn them into guided experiences in our software. Manual tasks today include preparing paperwork, booking appointments with vendors, and installing cable/internet. What we’ve built is resonating and we have a chance at becoming the dominant standard for how transactions get done.
As a Senior UI Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll own the development of a technical strategy to address important business problems as they arise. This includes overseeing the team’s software architecture and working with engineers across the organization to achieve consensus on the best path forward. You’ll collaborate with engineering and product managers to develop KPIs and measures of success for the teams with whom you work. You’ll also help build the frontend strategy for our developer platform, allowing real estate vendors and application developers to embed experiences within Glide and Compass.
At Glide You Will
- Work horizontally across the Compass Engineer Organization as a whole to define and deliver high impact client application improvements.
- Build a framework allowing third party developers to embed experiences inside of Compass and Glide
- Help inspire, recruit, and lead a team of frontend developers
- Define the frontend architecture for our platform using technologies like TypeScript and React
- Create a scalable, reliable and performant frontend by championing new tools or processes
- Join the engineering leadership team at Glide, defining strategy, scope and architecture
- Developer core components, frameworks, and build tools that remove bottlenecks for iteration
What We Look For
- Expert-level understanding Webpack (or similar build tools)
- Enjoys technically led projects and mentored junior engineers
- Able to communicate across team boundaries
- Can continually push the team to strive for higher standards on the frontend
- Experience building for developer platforms is a plus