Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Bilingual (Spanish) Medical Assistant Guide to join our Virtual Operations team. This position is remote.
Mission - Coordinate care by providing a personalized experience in a virtual environment.
At Oscar Health we are refactoring healthcare. We want to help each of our members achieve their healthcare goals in a personalized way. To help us achieve that goal we are looking for people who push boundaries to refactor healthcare and the healthcare delivery system.
As we grow out our Virtual offering, we're looking for Medical Assistants to assist a Care Team in managing a panel of patients with a 'virtual first' mindset. You'll work with a Care Team of MDs, Advanced Practitioners, and Nurses to provide collaborative care.
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours a week. Working hours will be between 7am - 7pm EST.
- Provide Live video virtual check in and check out support for patient
- Provide support for your Care Team, including virtual MDs, Advanced Practitioners and Nurses
- Plan for each patient's medical needs from initial outreach to solution
- Build trust and relationships with patients by setting clear expectations and following up with action
- Help with the order process, including entering labs into EHR, sending requisition forms, coordinating referrals, and disseminating order information and results to providers
- Close the loop with providers after referrals are made, including collecting patient notes from providers
- Schedule appointments with patients for follow up care
- Call providers and facilities to clarify information and help solve complex cases
- Initiate and participate in case debriefings with Medical Assistant Specialists and providers.
- Coordinate with internal departments to facilitate patient care
- Coordinate with external providers and facilities to ensure patient needs are met (Laboratories, Imaging Facilities, Pharmacies, Vendors)
- Provide messaging support for patients
- Be an active participant with camera on, during team meetings, huddles and rounds
- Empower our patients to participate in their own healthcare
- Perform all other tasks or additional responsibilities
Medical Assistant certification or similar experience or education
Knowledge of medical office management systems
Will comply with all Oscar Medical Group work from home policies
Customer service experience
Comfortable with patient education and motivational interviewing
1+ years of experience with startup culture
Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets), and patient management software
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.