Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate Director of Strategy to join our Strategy and Optimization team to sit remotely in New York.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will be accountable and responsible for helping set and manage the overarching strategy of Oscar's production optimization teams: member services, provider services, clinical services, and insurance operations. You will oversee and implement strategic programs and leading our vitals, metrics, +Oscar engagements, and collaborations across the company.
You will report to the Strategy and Optimization Director.
- Develop and maintain a broad and understanding of our partners and the markets they operate in and become the go-to-individual at the company for strategic programs related to Service Operations
- Drive and deliver program strategy including determining and uncovering new opportunities across Service Operations
- Manage the vitals planning process for Service Operations including reporting on progress, ensuring collaboration and identifying and mitigating areas of risk
- Lead by guiding decisions and implementation on an ongoing basis
- Resource +Oscar engagements with expert support and decision making authority for decisions
- Work with Oscar business leads and external partners to guide discussions and ensure deliverables are completed on time and remove roadblocks
- Build and maintain a monitoring program of Service Operations performance metrics including regulatory/compliance reporting
- Develop direct reports, ensuring that colleagues are supported in professional development
- A bachelor's degree or commensurate 4 years of experience
- 7+ years of work experience in health insurance, consulting, healthcare or operations
- 4+ years of experience leading and developing a team
- Experience in program management or design or implementation
- Experience improving processes and workflows including workflow design and working with product/engineering teams to design tooling
- Lean / Six Sigma experience
- Consulting or similar experience
- Experience in a client-facing/vendor management role
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.