Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. The products and services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
FP&A / Commissions Analyst
The FP&A/ Commissions Analyst will be responsible to assist with financial planning, analysis and projection as well as the timely and accurate calculation of commissions for all domestic and international commissionable employees.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in managing P&L including the monthly close and estimate processes
- Support FP&A team in the day-to-day financial relationship and financial reporting
- Support FP&A and Accounting team for various monthly close activities to ensure that books are closed in a timely & accurate manner
- Coordinate with various teams to prepare budgets, plans, and forecasts to load in the financial model
- Run Budget vs. Actuals reporting and work with stakeholders to provide variance analysis
- Ad-hoc reports and analyses upon request
- Own the full-cycle process of sales commissions calculation process on a monthly basis and perform data validation to ensure an accurate and timely commission payment and monthly close.
- Assist in designing commission plans, systems, training, sending out commission schedules, maintaining record of signatures, and updating policies and documented processes.
- Accurately reports commissions based on each sales manager and representative's commission structure, obtains necessary approvals to send to payroll for payout by specific deadlines.
- Communicates with key stakeholders to continuously improve and maintain commissions processes and incentive programs to ensure efficiency and alignment with company strategy.
- Maintain data integrity in a new commission management tool to ensure accurate commissions; implement new features as necessary
- Work with stakeholders to research and resolve commissioning issues, providing prompt and courteous assistance
- Create internal documentation on our company’s SaaS product, SO for Teams, on compensation plans, reporting guidelines and compensation-related FAQs
- Prepare presentations and reconciliations with departmental stakeholders and Senior Leadership
What You’ll Need To Have:
- 2+ years of strong analytical experience in financial planning, business analysis, order services, contracts, or sales operations preferred
- Strong Excel/Google Sheet skills (Lookup functions, nested IF statements, etc.)
- Salesforce experience
- Willingness to learn new tools and skills
- Excellent reporting skills with ability to not only gather the appropriate data, but also glean insight to improve the performance of the company’s operations
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills to work with any level of the organization
- Can-do attitude and ability to positively implement change
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong organization & time management skills
- Ability to work with highly confidential information to independently to proactively identify, analyze, and solve business problems
- Excellent customer service skills: take initiative and follow-up with integrity
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years experience working in the SaaS industry
- Familiarity with ASC 340-40 (commissions capitalization/amortization)
- Previous experience in commission management tools
- Comfortable working with software tools and learning a variety of new systems
- Zuora experience
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.